Chapter 10: Something About 'Alaric'

Start from the beginning

"-it's okay." He cut her off. "Just promise me that you won't abuse yourself anymore okay? You placed yourself in a very dangerous situation last night. What if you knocked on the wrong door and some asshole opens it? Or if someone slips something in your drink and you would've been too wasted to notice?"

I can take care of myself, she would've defended. But she came here for reconciliation, not another fight. So instead, Havana settled with a simple but kind "Okay". Like a good friend Alaric was, she saw concern in his eyes, but Havana can't help but feel that there was some other emotion in them. Something she never noticed in Alaric. The color of his eyes was different too. Alaric had blue eyes, but these ones had specs of green in them. A sense of familiarity kicked in her. Havana coughed, she had been staring for too long. "I hope that I didn't kick you or snore too loud." She switched the topic.

"I slept in the floor Havana."

Her eyes drifted on the floor where a white mattress laid. Of course, he did. Havana felt like banging her head to a wall full of sharp nails. Blushing like a madwoman, she replied "Right", prolonging the vowel. 'Alaric' seemed to be enjoying this embarrassing moment for Havana. Especially now since she cannot afford to make eye contact with him. Why are we being so weird?! She so desperately wanted to scream. A chime coming from her pocket broke the awkwardness. Thank God for Damon, she silently praised as she saw her best friend's name flash on the screen.

'Alaric' leaned over trying to see who was texting her so early in the morning. When Havana noticed, he stepped back and tried to play it cool. "Who's texting you?"

"Damon, wow over seventy texts! Apparently, he found his car that I stole" she snickered before adding an amused "whoops." Havana had failed to notice the steam coming out of 'Alaric's' nose at the mention of the Salvatore brother. Maddox may have told Klaus everything he needed to know but failed to mention how close his fiancé was to the enemy. "I need to go. But first, mind if I use your restroom?" She stood up and walked towards the bathroom.

Klaus's eyes widened as he remembered who was inside that bathroom stabbing herself repeatedly. He raced towards the front of the door blocking it from Havana, "Sorry love, there's a plumbing problem. I can drive you to your house if you want?"

"You're acting strange. Is everything okay Ric?" Havana furrowed her eyes confused. "Is it Jenna?"

Klaus's mind ran through the volumes of information Maddox gave him last night. With that, he remembered that Alaric was on the outs with his girlfriend Jenna. The same Aunt Jenna who lives in the Gilbert house. A cunning plan quickly formed in the hybrid's mind. "Actually, it is. I need to talk to her, to mend things if that's alright with her love." Havana nodded brushing off the last word. Boy, is he that nervous of Jenna? And since when did Ric speaks like that?.

------------

Opening the door as gently and quietly as possible, Havana sighed in relief that she hadn't woken up Aunt Jenna who had fallen asleep on the couch with a book on her chest

Opening the door as gently and quietly as possible, Havana sighed in relief that she hadn't woken up Aunt Jenna who had fallen asleep on the couch with a book on her chest. That was until Havana motioned for 'Alaric' to come in the house, her hips accidentally hit the table knocking over the vase. She cursed at her clumsiness when Jenna sat up now awake.