Severus Snape X Reader

Title: Kindness

House: Unmentioned

You slowly made your way down the moving stairways to the dungeon and down the long hallways to where Snape's office was, you had detention for the third time this week. It wasn't really your fault this time but you ended up taking the blame anyway, the look on your Neville's face when he had accidentally blown up his potion. It made your heart almost break for the boy. Finally arriving at the potion teachers door you knocked lightly, while waiting for a response you anxiously played with the hem of your jumper.

After a couple of minutes you murmured grumpily to yourself, moving to knock louder only to hear a stern voice pipe up from behind you "(L/N)" you turned to see Snape, a very agitated Snape "It is not your first time having detention with me, you know to report to the potions room" your face paled at your own stupidity. Glancing down at the floor your brain started to scream at you as normal 'Idiot, how could you forget that  O H  Y E A H  I forgot you're a useless waste of space... how could anyone be as stupid as to take someone else's detention?' your brain ranted on as your eyes clouded over. Blinking back tears you looked up at the teacher "Sorry professor, I forgot. I'll try to remember next time" you chirped seeming as happy as a bird in the morning, seeming slightly taken aback by your sudden mood change Snape took a sharp breath nodding "Good. Follow me." he commanded strutting towards the potions classroom.

It always seemed to be like this, you could never do anything right even if you tried with him. It was like you were cursed when you were around Snape. Following after him, you found yourself half jogging to keep up, he liked to walk at a very fast pace, probably because he had long legs or it might just be that you were short. No matter what, it was always hard to do so.

You had about an hours worth of detention left, the professor had gotten you to organise students books by year, class and name from a-z. Even with three hours to do this, it didn't seem like enough time, he had given you the first, second as well as third years books to reorganise. In all honesty, you didn't even keep your things organised, let alone other peoples'. Your workbooks were always messy, with scribbled out words, little doodles confined within the tight lines. Sometimes you'd make an entire tiny comic.

As you got sidetracked for the twelfth time that night you were snapped out of your own mind by a pale hand slamming on the desk, "(L/N) must I tell you to hurry up again, or are you stuck again?" Snape snapped, sending shivers down your spine "N-no it's okay sir" you smiled gently, you were shaking out of fear. Being yelled at always did this too, you never knew why you were so afraid of it, trying to hide your shakiness you picked up a few books attempting to place them on the dark oak desk in front of you.

Snape had noticed this for a while now, every time he yelled in class you would shrivel up slightly and your work would get worse for the rest of the period, due to this he tried to not yell while you were in the room. You were one of his favourite students, even if he hated to admit it. Sighing softly Snape pulled out his wand, using a spell to move a chair to him. As he sat down he began to talk "(L/N) I need to talk to you." he spoke, his voice was calm almost as if it was void of all emotion except for comfort, you looked into his dark eyes humming out of slight confusion for him to continue. "I've noticed for quite a while now that you don't seem to do well after you hear loud noises, or when someone yells" ashamed of your bad hiding skills you looked down at your feet, at this point it was an issue you didn't understand or were willing to talk about.

"I simply just want to tell you that if you'd prefer, I could tutor you outside regular classes, I have spoken to Dumbledore about it and he has agreed that it would be a better method of learning for you" for once in your life, you were seeing a kinder side to Snape, your eyes lit up after hearing the news. Jolting your head in a fast motion you stared into his dark brown, almost black eyes with your own (E/C) ones with a grin forming its way onto your face, "Really?" you asked eagerly your voice a little more high pitched than usual showing your happiness at the idea. The professor gave you a sad smile accompanied by a nod to confirm what he had just told you, "I assume you like the idea of this then?" he asked slightly unsure of the answer "Yes!" squealing quietly as happiness came over you, you found yourself jumping on Snape in a hug.

Nuzzling your face into his chest you giggled "Thank you sir! You're amazing!" you sighed happily, you hadn't been this excited since you got your first letter from Hogwarts. You felt him chuckle, lightly patting your head "It's alright but, please refrain from hugging me in the future" pulling away you quickly nodded, apologising slightly. You gave him another grin before standing up "Well I'm sorry but I do believe detention is over" you began "however please send me an owl about my new class times" you put away your things quickly walking out of the potions classroom. You heard Snape murmur something but didn't listen, you were too excited with what had just happened in the space of a couple of hours.

________________________________________
I'm sorry if this wasn't what you expected, in the future I may do a young severus snape x reader, however I don't really feel comfortable doing the whole teacher x student thing.

Also i'm sorry if the writings bad i've had no sleep and it's 9:32am.

Thank you, 2020 Author

Edited 2022