(Young) Sirius Black x Reader

Title: All I Wanted Was You

House: Slytherin

You had been friends with Sirius Black since before you could remember, the two of you constantly up to mischief with the other over the years. When you had ended up being put into two different houses, it had been quite a shock for both of you. Not only due to the fact that he was in Gryffindor, but both of you had agreed to be in the same house no matter the cost. Being put in Slytherin was, for once, the worst outcome you could have possibly gotten. No matter how much it appeased your parents.

Sadly, because of your sorting, alongside both of you having different friend groups. You never truly were able to spend any time alone together anymore. No more pranks, no more upsetting your parents, and the one you missed most... no more late nights watching the stars. Over the summer holidays going into sixth year, you heard that Sirius had ended up running away from home. Truthfully, you couldn't blame him at all. Though both your families were in the sacred twenty-eight, his parents took it far more seriously than yours ever did, your parents just wanted you to be happy, if you ended up a Slytherin it was simply a plus.

Poking at your lunch you let out a small huff, catching the attention of your friend Regulus, Sirius' younger brother. "What's wrong (Y/N)?" He asked blankly, he was never truly par to any emotion that wasn't numbness or sadness. His gaze followed yours to the Gryffindor table, a look of disgust forming on his face as he noticed you staring at the marauders, "the blood traitors? stop looking at them (Y/N) you'll tarnish your family's reputation" you rolled your eyes at the mention of reputation. "I'm not hungry" you pushed your plate away, quickly standing up and rushing out of the great hall. 'Why does he always bring that up. I hate it.' You loved Regulus dearly, in fact, the two of you were arranged to be married in the future, but you despised the fact that he believed in blood status like his parents.

After a while of wandering, you found yourself in the astronomy tower. Though it wasn't even dark the mid-day sky was still beautiful. Leaning on the bannister that held you from the water below, you took a deep breath of fresh air. "Ahem" you heard someone clear their voice behind you, turning around you were shocked to see him standing there. Sirius Black, your childhood best friend, awkwardly rocking back and forth on his heels.

"Long time no see (Y/N)" he said with a soft smile, you felt your heart rip slightly at the words. It had been far too long, far too long without your best friend who always had your back. You rushed towards the black-haired boy, wrapping your arms tightly around him as you hid your face in his chest. He staggered back slightly, quickly wrapping his arms around you to compose himself, rubbing your back lightly. "Bloody hell (Y/N)" he chuckled, "Shut up you loser" you laughed weakly, you hadn't noticed the tears that were falling until you had spoken.

Both of you were silent for a moment, holding each other close for the first time in years. "How's being Hogwarts' heartthrob?" you joked, pulling away from the hug slightly to look him in his grey eyes. "Hm quite fun... it has its downsides" he smiled at you, "like the girl I wanted never being able to see me" the words saddened you. 'He actually likes someone... I'm glad...' the melancholy flowed through you, faking a smile you winked at him, "Oh? is she at least pretty?" He laughed at the question again. God how you'd missed his laugh, his smile, just him. "She's absolutely gorgeous!" "More gorgeous than me!" you quickly objected, pouting, "Don't be silly, no one could be more gorgeous than you" he chuckled softly.

After years of being apart, you finally had your friend back. Though it was short-lived, after that day at the astronomy tower, things went back to normal. He went back to doing what he always had, while you wallowed in a corner, wishing you could be in the past again. If anything, you were glad he still remembered you existed.