Luna Lovegood x Reader

Title: Crush

House: Unmentioned

You stared at the sky above you, your arms and legs spread out as you laid against the grass at the amazement of how wondrous the clouds seemed. It wasn't your first time doing this, in fact, this was quite normal for you nowadays. In all honesty, you were thinking about your crush, if she knew she would probably reject you, but you'd still daydream about her. Her pale skin, blonde hair and porcelain doll-like features... she was perfect. You didn't know her name, she didn't know yours in return. Every day you would see her walk the corridors, if you were lucky your bullies wouldn't beat you up while you were distracted by her. Strangely enough, you always ended up thinking of her here, in the green grass surrounded by the trees, it reminded you of her beauty. Snapping out of your daze you sighed, slowly standing up and pulling out your pocket watch, checking the time you realised your free period was over.

On your way to class, you caught a glimpse of her again, her pale blue eyes peering around a corner in curiosity, her lips slightly parted. You held your class books close to your chest, a small smile on your face as your heart raced. It was almost like time had stopped before you bumped into the back of someone, accidentally falling over. "Watch it!" they snarled turning their head to glare at you, bowing your head in shame you stuttered out an apology. Before you got up you heard someone clear their throat gently, looking up you were shocked to see a hand in front of you "Here" the girl said with a soft face, slowly taking the hand you looked at the person face starting to freeze up.

It was her, the girl you continuously daydreamed about. Her pale eyes were full of care with a smile, after a few seconds you came back to reality using her help to stand up. "Th-thank you...?" you stuttered out, in almost a wonder of what her name may be "It's not a problem... I'm Luna" she greeted, you smiled gently at her kindness "Nice to meet you, Luna, I'm (Y/N)" you greeted her back in courtesy, you didn't have many kind people in your life. Hopefully, she might be a new adaptation to that.

It had been a year since you had introduced yourself to Luna, now you both hung out regularly, you were best friends. Since you'd met her she had always been a little strange, but so were you. You both often talked about curious things, like magical creatures, that was her favourite topic. You had learnt she wanted to be a Magizoologist when she had finished school, she had thought way further than you had.

In all honesty, you had never thought about what you wanted to be when you were done at Hogwarts, you had planned to just be a shopkeeper at Hogsmeade or something. Currently, you were discussing your favourite weather, Luna seemed to enjoy the beauty of snow and how elegant it seemed. While you enjoyed the rain, it had always been your favourite type of weather since you were little, you fondly remember when you stepped out into the rain wearing a light blue dress on your sixth birthday.

As you were walking to D.A.D.A class one day you felt yourself get pulled into an empty potions classroom, looking to see who it was you smiled to see it was her. "Hi (Y/N), I'm sorry for dragging you in here" she apologised, you giggled lightly "It's fine loony, why did you need me?" you asked tilting your head she took in a deep breath "Well I have to ask you something" she spoke softly like the day she first introduced herself, giving her a gentle nod you signalled for her to continue talking. "I was wondering..." she braced herself for impact as you were on the edge of your seat "If you wanted to go on a date with me..." she finished, your jaw dropped. Your best friend, your crush, your ride or die just asked you on a date.

Tackling her in a hug you squealed "I would happily go on a date with you!" you yelled, she laughed at how hyper you were, of course, you were... she was and is your first love.

________________________________
Thank you for reading this new edition to my HP one-shots book!
it has been years since i've actually un-ironically written a one shot

Thank you for reading sincerely,

2020/2022 Author