Harry Potter X Reader

Title: Formalities

House: Ravenclaw

~2nd Year~

You stood next to your friends, May and Vallerie as you watched Draco walk up to Harry, you already knew the two of them wouldn't stop yelling at each other any time soon. You stood next to Oliver Wood, the Gryffindor quidditch captain, who was just trying to get everyone's attention. Growing angry from the disrespect you decided to speak up, "SHUT UP NOW!" you yelled, the two boys stopped and stared at you. "You sound like a bickering old married couple, so shut up and listen to Wood before I kick your asses!" you threatened the boys immediately shrunk back, "Thank you (l/n)" Wood said "No problem Wood, any time".

you usually helped Wood with his team, even though you were a Ravenclaw, you went over and stood next to Harry while Vincent went to stand next to Draco scowling at you "God (y/n) you're such a disappointment to our family!" he yelled "Shut up Vince! You obviously don't understand who is the disappointment, and I can tell you it's not me!" you shouted back, most people feared you because of your roughness and expertise in magic, the Slytherins on the pitch backed away leaving quickly.

You smirked at how fast they had run, not even trying to fight you, firmly gripping your nimbus 2000 you smiled as you hopped onto the broomstick, calmly flying around keeping your eyes on the snitch, Harry would watch your eyes to see where the snitch was. After a short while he caught the flying golden ball before he flew over to you on his broom with a big smile on his face, "Thanks (L/n) you really helped me find the snitch" Harry said in an almost joking tone. "It's okay Harry haha also call me (Y/n)... my last name is a bit too formal for me, ya know?" you joked, a small smile dawning your lips. "Why do you wear gloves (y/n)?" Harry asked. tilting his head ever so slightly "I prefer it that way" he simply nodded before flying away.

~Later that year~

You stood next to Harry as Dumbledore congratulated the two of you, both high-fived at your joint effort, it had taken a lot to make it through beating the basilisk, you had taken down Tom Riddle together. Well, it was more of you taking care of Ginny while he was being a hero, but that's what best friends are for. Mr Malfoy abruptly walked in with Dobby, you noticed Dobby give harry a small wave. After being dismissed you had gone a separate way to Harry, strangely enough, he was missing a sock when you had last seen him.

You were sitting next to Harry when Hermione walked in, you all rushed towards her crushing her in a hug, all in relief that you were back together again. You all had a moment before walking to sit back down, finally reunited. The speeches went on for a while, you saw Hermione's agitated face as the announcement that all exams had been cancelled came out, you were happy your friend was back. Just as the announcements had finished the bang of the mess halls doors sounded, you all excitedly turned around to see your favourite and only groundskeeper, Hagrid. Just as fast as you ran to Hermione, you ran to Hagrid with smiles like the Cheshire Cat on your faces.

After another hour of talking, eating and hanging out everyone set off to their separate dorms; except for you and Harry of course. You two had decided to have a late-night session of wizards chess in the library. You were both casually cracking jokes to make the other laugh, but before you both knew it a silence fell upon you both as Harry stopped in his tracks; "Hey... (Y/N)?" he spoke softly in a hushed voice, "Yeah Harry? what's up?" you asked fully turning to face, he stared deeply into your (E/C) eyes before slowly walking towards you, gently placing his hands on your cheeks "I need to do something... something I've wanted to do for a while now...", flustered you slightly nodded "S-sure" you stuttered. Closing the gap between you he placed his lips flush against yours, you melted into the kiss but before you knew the moment was over.

"I have feelings for you (Y/N)".

___________________________________
These edits are going to kill me.

2020 author here. Thank you for reading my work.