Draco Malfoy x Reader

Title: The ball

House: Slytherin

'What should I wear...' You pushed hanger after hanger to the other side of your closet, searching for the perfect one to wear. Tonight, you were headed to the Malfoy ball, an event your family attended yearly. An event you where you dreaded talking to other people. However, it did have the perk of allowing you to dress pretty, something you didn't do often. Continuing to fly through dresses, you let out an exasperated sigh, all of them were good but that didn't mean they were perfect for the night.

Ripping through the air, like a bludger flying past you in quidditch, the noise of someone knocking on your door filled the room. "What is it?" You pulled away from your closet, to see who was at the door. As it opened, you felt a smile tug at your cheeks as you saw your mother holding a dress in her hands. "I knew you would be struggling so..." Her eyes drifted to the dress, pulling it carefully from being pressed against her chest, letting it drape down so you could see the design. You could barely control your excitement at the look of the gown, dark green and hitting the floor with floral decal patterns on the top half made with the same fabric.

Your heart practically melted as you rushed over to your mother, pulling her into a hug that she returned. "Mother, you always know exactly what I need!" You exclaimed with a smile, you heard her let out a small, quiet laugh right as she pulled away from the hug. "Of course, dear, now go try it on," She flashed you a grin, her pearly white teeth gleaming past her crimson red lipstick, "I'm just as excited to see you in it as you are!" not even seconds later she was out of the room. She was always so good to you, you were lucky to have someone like her in your life.

Immediately, you started to change into the dress, having already done some simple, glamorous make-up. You had left your hair down, it may have been a ball, however, you didn't need to go all the way. Your hair was already beautiful left natural. Looking at yourself in the mirror, you found yourself starstruck at how you looked. Only just noticing that the dress was off the shoulder, having rushed to shove your hands through the arm sleeves so you could see how it looked. Spinning, you let out a squeal at how it moved, it was by far the most beautiful dress you had ever worn.

Overly excited about your new dress, you hurried to put on a pair of black flats, they were simple so that they wouldn't take away from the dress. Rushing down the stairs of your families mansion, you ended up passing Pookie, the house-elf. "Lady(Y/N), please slow down!" She shrieked in concern, "Don't worry Pookie! Isn't this dress beautiful" You slowed slightly, flashing her a pearly white grin. "Yes, it is my lady!" Giggling, you continued your way to the dining hall at a slightly slower pace.

Entering the luxurious dining area, you greeted your brothers with a courtesy. "Hello dear sister" Caelum, your oldest brother smiled at you softly, he was always your favourite. Smiling back, you rushed over to him, tightly hugging the brunette, "Hello dear brother" he chuckled at your action, lightly hugging back. Hearing your other sibling clear his throat, you turned your head to see him awkwardly shifting his weight, from one foot to the other. Letting out a small laugh you shook your head, moving away from the older brother you made your way over to Pyxis.

Gently enveloping the black-haired boy in a hug, you felt him tightly wrap his arms around you, lifting you off the ground in a bear hug. "You look amazing, (Y/N)" He murmured softly, carefully placing you back on the ground below, treating you like glass. "So do you, Pyx" Taking a step back, you admired the fact that your mother had sneakily dressed you all in dark green. Though it was all the same colour, both the boys suits and your dress encaptured you as people, or at least how she saw you. Your dress was elegant, with a small flare for fun, while Pyxis' suit was tightly fitted, accents of black ran through it holding a twist. Meanwhile, Caelum was simply in a dark green waistcoat, a black dress shirt underneath paired well with his black dress pants, it captured the way he was almost princely.