Chapter 36: The Visitor

The blissful night was met by a pleasant and peaceful morning. Taehyung was basking in the love and care being showered by Jungkook. He was woken up by a shower of butterfly kisses all over and gently carried down to take a shower since last night's shower did not exactly meet its purpose. After that, Taehyung was seated and adoring his view of a smiling Jungkook preparing light breakfast for the two. As always, he thought that this was a view he wouldn't mind waking up to everyday.

The two were engrossed with the dishes while tickling and teasing each other. Amidst this, they heard the door knocking and chatter outside which made them understand that it must have been everyone from the club. Afterall, they had to catch up with all the chaos from last night.

Jungkook followed by a nervous Taehyung went to the door and was immediately greeted by hugs and sighs of relief. Except Jihoon who had gone to the market to run errands, everyone was present.

"Oh dear lord Jungkook, thank god you are safe. I felt as if my heart would come out of my mouth last night. This old body can not fathom such news anymore. How could you have been so reckless?" Mrs Park scolded.

Apologetically scratching his hair, he spoke, "I am sorry to have you worried Mrs Park. In fact, I sincerely apologize to everyone in the room. It's just that I wasn't in my right mind last night but now everything is fine." He looked at Taehyung and smiled, who returned it genuinely.

Mrs Park looked at Taehyung and whe she did, Taehyung shifted his attention to her and as they caught each other's attention, Mrs Park subtly signaled Taehyung to move in to the kitchen with her. Hesitantly, he followed her as Jungkook was busy with his daughter and others.

Before Mrs Park could speak, Taehyung rambled on, "I know Mrs Park that you didn't want me here and I promised you I would walk out but it's just that I couldn't let Jungkook be in trouble because of ..."he was speaking without a pause when he was interrupted.

"It's fine Taehyung. You don't need to apologize."

To say Taehyung was surprised would be an understatement. The same lady had literally asked him to leave right away only one day ago.

"Mrs Park..."

"Listen Taehyung, regardless of how complicated this nature of your relationship is with Jungkook, one thing I have come to understand is that you both truly love each other. In fact, you two seem to barely function without each other. And I am in no power or position to keep two people whose heart belong to one another apart. As a concerned mother, I want the best for Jungkook and Naeun but the way events unfolded last night scared me to my core. And I can't let such a misshapen repeat. You both are adults and I believe you will handle it perfectly. Just keep in mind that you don't hurt the two."

Taehyung felt a heavy weight fall of his shoulders and he rushed to hug her.

"Oh Mrs Park, I cannot tell you how much this means to me. I promise I will do everything in my power to make sure this works." He spoke breaking the hug.

Jungkook entered the kitchen and saw the intense atmosphere.

"Is everything alright?" he asked eyeing Taehyung worriedly.

"Oh it's absolutely fine. Taehyung and I were discussing what to cook since we all can have lunch together here. You know to celebrate the fact that everyone is well and fine. Isn't that right Taehyung?" Mrs Park spoke turning to Taehyung.

Forming his boxy smile, Taehyung spoke, " it should be a great feast."

"Well a feast it is." Mrs Park added.

Everyone got into cooking. Some worked on the main good while some worked on making sweet treats. Naeun was running around the room stealing a bite of all the food, especially the pie that Taehyung was making. Everybody was working around the kitchen counter when Naeun who was running around excitedly tipped on the chair and fell. Her fall was immediately met by a pain of cry. Everyone panicked but before them, Taehyung rushed to her and lifted her off from the ground. With one hand protectively circled around her, he wiped off the tears with his other hand.