Chapter 28: The Delivery

Jungkook was slowly healing and with Taehyung around, the process had become much more easier and better. Taehyung would spend most of his daytime at Jeon residence and go back to his place at night, not that he wanted to but he was still unsure of the things. On top of that, Mrs Park had been staying over night and he didn't want to barge in.

It had been 3 days since the incident and Jungkook had gotten better. It was a Saturday morning. Dr. Suho was suppose to come for the checkup and Taehyung was busy preparing breakfast for Jungkook. He was humming and so busy that he didn't realize someone was at the kitchen door looking fondly at him. Right as he turned, he was startled to see Dr Suho smiling at him.

"Dear lord, doctor, you scared the life out of me". He said clutching his heart.

"So sorry but you looked so focused I didn't want to disturb" He said still chuckling at his reaction.

"Why don't you have a seat Doctor? I just made some tea. Jungkook is still sleeping so."

"Oh, well. The clinic is closed today so I can stay longer" he said moving towards the chair.

"How is he doing now Doctor?" Taehyung asked, nervously.

"If I have to honest Taehyung, there is a high chance he might lose his memory as an adult and might start acting like a child, you know backward development process."

Taehyung who was about to sip his tea had his hands froze midway and gave the most shocked and terrified expression.

Seeing his eyes as the size of a frog, Suho couldn't hold it anymore and he burst it into another fit of laughter.

"DOCTOR" Taehyung said and slightly smacking his biceps.

"So sorry but your reactions are just priceless. And regarding his situation, the stitches will come off in a week and he will be back to being healthy like before."

"That's a relief doctor".

Dr Suho was a very kind man with a big heart. He had always used his medical degree in the best way to serve the people irrespective of their status or race. Even during the war or the post war period, he had helped dozens of people for free, believing this was his purpose in life.

"If you don't mind Taehyung but I have seen you with Jeon and I believe this whatever you two share isn't mere friendship but something much more.  It's been quite sometime since I last saw Jeon this happy."

A light shade of cherry tinted Taehyung's cheeks upon hearing this.

"Where's Naeun though? The house feels so empty without her."

"She's gone to her granny's house" Taehyung said pouring more tea into the cup.

The doubt of whether he should ask what he had overheard was bothering him. He didn't want to appear as if was he was sneaking in their personal conversation but the curiosity was killing him.

Suho noticed the dilemma in Taehyung's face and decided to ask. " Anything bothering you Taehyung?"

Hesitantly yet slowly, he decided to ask the question and nervously looked at Suho, " Dr Suho, I don't know how to put it into words and please feel no pressure whatsoever into answering it but I have been meaning to ask you something. And like I said, you are free if you don't want to share anything." He said fidgeting with his fingers.

"Let me be the judge of that, now tell me what's bothering you?"

"Yesterday when I was about to ask Jungkook if he wanted porridge, I overheard you two talking about Naeun's birth. Were you the one who delivered her? " And after a brief pause and hesitance he added, "And if that is the case, who is her mother?"