I settled on a navy button-up with several tiny polka dots scattered all over, with black trousers and my signature socks. Usually, men can be known for their crazy ties or shoes, but in my case it's socks. It's just that no one really knows me for that, which is unfortunate because they don't know what they're missing out on. My trousers, unfortunately, cover most of the beautiful art that is covering my feet, but no one knows that I'm secretly rebelling the dress code. It makes me feel like a total badass. Today, I wore my taco socks which were a new pair, so I was extra excited.

I finished getting ready, put my shoes on, grabbed my coat and essentials, and kissed Amiga bye. As I passed Sahana's door I couldn't help remembering that incident. She hasn't talked to me ever since I asked to be friends with her. 

I sighed and shook my head, "Stop thinking about it Jai." 

As I was about to reach the elevator, I stepped on something. I lifted my foot up and saw what was lying below it. 

Keys?

I bent down and picked them up to have a better look at it, "These are Sahana's."

A tiny key chain with a picture of Monty was dangling, gave it away. "I wonder if she's still here, maybe she ubered?"

 I checked the time: 8:30.

"Fuck, I have to sprint if I want to catch her." And raced to the elevator, pressing the button rapidly until it finally opened and entered in. Once the elevator reached down to the garage floor, I exited and opened the door to the garage to see Kai and Sahana together, which significantly slowed down my pace. 

Thank god I got her in time.

"Sahana? Kai? What are you guys doing?" I asked in confusion. "Oh, she just couldn't find her keys, so I am helping her Jai." Kai answered. After hearing that, I reached into my pocket,

 "Oh,"

 and took them out, 

"You mean these?"

Sahana's eyes and mouth slowly started to widen and words eventually came out, "WHERE DID YOU FIND THOSE?!" she yelled and sprinted towards me then yanked her keys out of my hand. "I found them on the floor while leaving to work." I responded.

She looked like she was going to cry, I didn't know whether out of joy or sadness. "A-are you ok?" I asked, placing a hand on her shoulder, making her slightly flinch. 

Then out of nowhere, 

"HOLD UP. WHAT ABOUT ME?" 

We turned our heads to a confused looking Kai, looking at Sahana and at me again and again. "Oh sorry, let me introduce you to one another. Sahana, this is Kai my friend," I gestured. 

"Best friend," Kai interrupted. I rolled my eyes.

"Kai, this is Sahana,"

 I really didn't want to say it, 

"My neighbor." I said looking at him.

"Ohh that's why I thought you looked familiar," she smiled, "OH YEAH! You were with those girls at the café and made Jai pay. How did I forget already?" Kai replied laughing and pointing at me then suddenly stopped, recollecting what he had just heard. 

"Wait, what? You guys are neighbors? How come you didn't tell me Jai?"

Oh god please help me.

Instead, I just decided not to reply.

Now we just stood there, in the awkward silence. Kai was eyeing at me for an answer. But thankfully Sahana broke the silence, "Um, I better get going now, it's really late. Thanks, Jai, for finding my keys, and nice seeing you again Kai." She said before entering her car and finally leaving to work.

 And now Kai and I were alone.

"Well, that was an interesting morning." 

--------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey guysss 

Sorry again for the confusion from last chapter hehe

Since there was no joke in the beginning let's do one now!

Some people cause happiness wherever they go... 

Others cause happiness whenever they go.

Ok maybe that one wasn't that good haha

AND ALSO THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 300 READSSS AND 100 VOTES OMLL ITS ONLY BEEN A MONTHHHH LIKE WTFF IM SO THANKFUL FOR YA'LLL 😭😭

Anyways HAVE A FLIPPIN GREAT DAY MWAH :))) 

The Neighborजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें