Chapter 7: Hero 2. Combined effort

Tom was a 10-year-old boy. His only responsibility was making sure his little sister Seras was safe, his family weren't nobles but they sure didn't live like normal villagers (eating like kings every night). However, his parents were a little strange, always bringing home strange people wearing strange necklaces.

One day he was forced to run away from his home by his mother and father.

"Where are we going Mommy?" Tom asked, but his mother was concerned about something else entirely.

"Diane, take them to the mines. I'll distract the deacon", the father said.

"Charles no!" Diane the mother shouted.

"We have no choice! I got us into this mess. I'll get us out! Now go!" Charles said.

Seras was balling her eyes out while Tom tried to comfort her. Charles ran in the opposite direction of his family to distract their pursuers.

"Gyahhhhhhhh" was the last sound Tom heard from his father as they fled.

Diane saw a deep cave and took her two children there.

"Tom, you have to protect your sister. Don't stop hiding until a knight or a guardian from the kingdom finds you. Until then, please survive", Diane told her son.

"Mommy!!!" Tom cried as his mother faded from his sight.

Miner's Ravin

2 months afterwards, Tom finds himself and his sister face to face with their parents' murderer.

Ranchus, the deacon of the sector his parents worked in, was currently trying to kill their savior, however.

'Clinnnnnnnnkkk' a sound of metal hitting a wall was made.

"Magic?" Edward said as he saw teal green air shield him.

Ranchus stepped backwards, fearing a magic attack.

"So you were a magic user, trying to get me off guard by not using it earlier hah! Fat Chance!" Ranchus shouted.

Edward stood up and the air shield floated up as well.

(What a time for my magic to awaken, mom was right)"I won't let you harm these children!" Edward shouted as he ran with the shield in front of him like a battering ram.

Ranchus swung his sword again but ended up getting pushed back again.

"Hehehe looks like I did some damage that time", Ranchus smiled.

The square air shield had a huge crack on it's body and was ready to crack.

*Beast evolution: hyness!* Ranchus partially transformed into his hyena form as he charged towards Edward

[Safari frenzy!] Ranchus said, punching the air shield repeatedly.

'Crack!!!!!' the shield broke, the fracture caused both men to fly backwards.

"Damn it,(can I make a stronger one? Can I even make another one?) Edward pondered in his mind Until.

[Straight kill!] Ranchus launched a straight right punch at Edward. He managed to dodge it, yet the force of the punch made a crater in the ground.

Edward lost his footing from this, giving Ranchus a chance to strike.

"It's over!" Ranchus shouted with dog slobber foaming from his mouth.

Then...

Ranchus' left hand was covered in his own blood.

"Huh" he said, looking at his mysterious wound.