Chapter 29: Another day

A week after his defeat, Ali was still upset with the outcome of the previous battle.

(How could those two NPCs win, against deacon level opponents?!) He thought to himself as he continues moving toward Swampfort village.

The village had a glow up, the wall around the it was now made of sootstone and the houses weren't huts anymore, instead, they had more bearing, using lime stone and granite to make majority of the housing there.

Ali's target was one girl in particular, Valarie.
The brown-haired hobbit girl was talking with her friends, a cyclop boy, a harpy girl and a wisp gurl as well, they seemed taller than the did last year when they were attacked by a giant wasp.

Biggie the cyclops was listening to his crush's every word.
"Wow Valarie! You really took on a beastman and won?".

"And won easily! That's why Edward sent me back here, said "the village needs a protector while We're fighting the cult" I don't blame him, I am the third strongest after all" the hobbit girl puffs out her chest.

"We'll be here to help you if any trouble comes, we've gotten stronger too" Charlotte the harpy said, she had definitely gotten better at flying now than before.

"Yeah, nothing can stop us.." the Wisp girl spoke next until.

Ali suddenly picks up Valerie in an instant by her collar. "I'll be borrowing this" he says before taking off in a bolt of lightning.

The remaining kids were left speechless and dumbfounded.

Abigail who was watching from the Sidelines just had one thing to say, "Sir Remi's going to kill me!" She yelled so loud that every cat in the area stood in alert.

BACK IN SANGASER
Alex, Debora and Al were chilling in their barracks getting ready for the battle ahead, while Zion, peter and Nora were surprisingly absent, their location was unknown by the others.

Argent was still being kept under house arrest by her two silver rank guards, her only wish was for Remi to show up and see her, but after the training he hardly cared enough to remember her name.

Speaking of our nonchalant main character, he and his best friend, the bumbling monk Edward were escorting the beautiful princess Nova and her guardian Charlie around town.

Charlie and Edward were in front of the group, chatting about their recent victory.

"Ed, you should really think about coming back to Beliora, your father would be amazed to see just how amazing you are" Charlie said with stars in her eyes.

"Hehehe, you think so... I don't know, I couldn't possibly part with Sir Remi, he needs me or he'd just a wild berserker" Edward said this while swaying around like a giddy school girl.

Remi hissed at the display of affection in front of him, "That idiot is acting like a lemming, why'd I let him drag me into this?!".

"Because... Ever since you mentioned something about my great great grandma Queen Atika, I've been curious Demon of Wrath, Do you have any interesting stories about her?" The pink-haired Princess asked curiously.

"Atika... Tch, let me ask Wruk, give me a second" Remi said, he definitely didn't want to be here with this girl.

A small fog of miasm appeared on his shoulder and spoke through his mouth so Nova could hear.
"Atika, she was an airhead, she used to follow my first host "Crow" around everywhere, dispite her massive mana pool all she could do was seal and unseal mana gates. Along with Crow's father "Falcon" and the first witch "Griselda" we formed the party that took down the demon king of famine"
The way the demon spoke made it seem like he was proud of such an achievement.