Chapter 17: Silver test 2: Hell tales

Lake Astrus

'twiiiiiiii!!!' a bright light engulfs the surrounding Sandy area
"Mmmmmmm" a wounded Edward, mumbled.
The person healing him was a defeated looking Genevieve with her light magic.
Amaka was also there searching for any other surviver.

"Grrrrrr mmmmm" Edward's eyes open slowly and he sees his teammate's sad face.

"Gen... Genevieve! Sir! Where is he?!" Edward struggles upwards.

"He's gone just like the others" amaka answers bluntly.

"Couldn't you say it differently" Genevieve said pissed off.

"Well our current situation isn't looking good either, no back up, no information" amaka said.

"There's information..... We were attacked by an alchemist's assistant, she took sir and the others were captured and turned into philosopher stones, a source of power used by said alchemist" Edward finally came to his senses.

"Philosopher stones? Amaka! Do you think that what does salamanders took the others for?" Genevieve.

"salamanders and alchemists working together? I'm not from your world but that sounds like a fanfiction" amaka once again said bluntly. "Furthermore whether to pursue them or keep waiting is another matter entirely".

"Waiting? An Amazon doesn't wait when her friends are in trouble! If we don't hurry the alchemist will absorb those or worse!" Genevieve shouted..

"we aren't going anywhere without a plan? We're this close to silver rank and I wouldn't want to die due to ignorance" amaka pointed out.

"Silver rank doesn't matter when our friends lives are on the line!" Genevieve shouted.

"Would you two shut up! I hear something!" Edward yelled alerting the rest.

'rustle rustle rustle' the bushes around the lake start to move as suddenly...

"Shriiii" a black skeleton like figure jumps out holding a piece of blue cloth in it's mouth.

"What the hell Is that?!" Amaka quickly backs away.

"A chimera? Is that the same Chimera you talked about?" Genevieve asked.

"Yah but that cloth, it's sir's! Edward then tried to collect it but the chimera moved to the west.

"I think it wants us to follow it? Could it lead us to the others?" Genevieve asked.

"Well we've got no other choi....." Edward was about to take another step before...

{Body link} a strange sensation took over both his body and Genevieve's this was the doing of amaka's magic.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Genevieve shouted at the girl in a purple cloak.

"I said we can't act rashly, our chances of victory are still 50:50, but the chances with back up increase by 30"
Amaka says calmly holding both arms straight.

"Like Genevieve said, if we let the alchemist have more time there's a possibility he could take Remi's demon and the lives of everyone there which is a huge blow to our kingdom!" Edward shouts.

"How do I know your not just saying this due to your relationship with Remi? Honestly I could give more of a shit for a pack of goblins than him" Amaka admits her dislike towards Remi.

"Because I care about Remi just as much as I care about this kingdom, and I'm even willing to bet my life on his" Edward admits.

"Such loyalty,(why do people even like a guy like that?)" Amaka said confused.