Chapter 20 epilogue: Month of Carnage

Demon mindscape
Before Remi had woken up in the infirmary, he was having a conversation with Wruk the Demon of Wrath in his mind.

The environment was filled with blue smoke, the ground was made off black sand, Remi body was foaming as well, as if steam was being emitted from his pores.

Wruk stood in front of him, his blue and white skin looking monsterous as ever his black eyes stared into Remi's very soul and smiled, he strangely touched his only horn over and over again.

"Wruk... Can you heal the Chimera? Like can you change him back to look human at least?" Remi asked.

"I can, but I refuse" Wruk smiled.

"Huh come on! You bailed on me early ! Now this what's up with you?!" Remi yelled.

"What's up is that your forgetting I'm a Demon! The same Demon that helped wipe out half the populace!" Wruk yelled back.

"The only things I care about is destruction and Carnage, that's the only thing that fills the void in my miserable existence!" Wruk continues.

"Don't think for even a second I give a damn about you or anything apart from that!" Wruk grabbed Remi collar and lifed him up.

Remi was being naive, he kept forgetting how inhumane Wruk was and this was just a reminder.

"Tell me what else can I do then!!!" Remi yelled in frustration.

"Oh yesssss, now that's what I wanted to hear, how about a contract/pact?" Wruk slimes as if this whole ploy was planned out.

"I'll return the chimera back into a humanoid like form, and in exchange for 1 month........ I'll get full control of the body" Wruk said devilishly.

"full control?! You'll get us both killed! In a month you could kill Edward and the others!!" Remi protested.

"I won't go after any good human of this kingdom, I can't say the same for monsters and those idiotic cultists" Wruk said nonchalantly.

Remi bit his lip, he needed to change the chimera back if not living a normal life as a skeleton would be hell, not to talk about if he'd be allowed to live, but giving the Demon full control...

"What will you do in that month?" Remi asked.

"I didn't expect you to understand, but more than half of my original power is gone" Wruk rubs his only horn again,
"I intend to find out what happened to it" for the first time ever Wruk sounded dead serious.

Remi still hesitated to take his hand then...

Remi woke up and the conversation from the last chapter took place...

Infirmary ward
Remi placed his right hand on the chimera's chest and closed his eyes.
"Wruk, I accept your deal, I'll give you full control of the body for a month, now help him" Remi said.

His right hand was engulfed in a light blue aura that spread through the chimera's body

'chipp chiccc!' like dead skin the black bony surface of the creature was peeling off revealing smooth brown like Remi's.

Edward who was sitting on a chair near Remi's bed opened his eyes and saw what was happening
"Sir?" Edward asked.

'twiccck' the light blue Aura disappeared and Remi felt something soft in his right palm.

"Huuuuuuhhhhh?!" Edward screamed as his face turned red from the sight in front of him.

"What?" Remi opened his eyes and say that the chimera in front of him was now a dark skinned girl with long wild brown hair.