Chapter 27: Battle Rift

Inner monologue

"There's always going to be someone better, in school, in sports, popularity, in life in general."
"Always second best... No matter how hard I tried"
"There's always a gifted newbie, a star boy, a messiah, or an overpowered idiot"
"Even in this new world... No... This time I'll show all of them... My worth!"

;Ali Kasim

Mermaid archipelago

The Diora knights were finally set to go underwater.

Norton located the treasure and could only give 4 of them, the "blessing of the sea", a buff that would allow them to stay underwater indefinitely and swim at great speeds.

Ali led the charge obviously, with Edward and Genevieve following behind. Charlie lost the volleyball match to Tom and was forced to come along instead of staying with her beloved princess Nova.

After swimming through the darkness of the sea, the gang finally saw the beautiful underwater archipelago.

The first thing that caught the eye of the glass-wearing leader was a huge cave on the east side.

"Alright, see you NPCs later, I'll clear this event in no time! Go fight some fishes instead", he then zooms past them.

"What is that guy talking about?" Charlie asked Edward.

"Sir Remi once said this world reminds him of a game, so I believe that's what Sir Ali is talking about", Edward explained the best he could.

"I'll watch out for him, you guys go ahead." Genevieve said, following after Ali.

Charlie then took another glance at Edward before saying "you... You're an Anderson".

"Ehhh well.... I mean... Yes" Edward panicked, he hadn't been referred by his last name in almost a year now.

"The Andersons have been a huge help to the Beliora knights for generations", Charlie said, smiling.

"I've even had the honor to speak with your father Johnathan before."

"Yeah he was always the talk of the kingdom, how he killed a Great dragon single-handedly", Edward smiled as he remembered all the cool things his dad did.

"He mentioned you once... But he didn't exactly use the kindest words, saying he wished he only had 3 sons and that you're fat and lazy..." Charlie continued.

"Yep, that's exactly what my father would say," Edward cringed a little as he felt Charlie's gaze on his neck.

The two landed on the island and began walking towards the cave, however.

' Step, step, step!' a woman dressed in a maid outfit emerged from the cave.

Her skin was pale and she had black marks all over her forearms.

Short cream colored hair , green eyes, a rose hairpin fit on the right side of her head.

Edward observed her and deducted

"She's an undead, just like Miss Amaka said, a Technique by the Necromancer Harris".

"Good day Heathens, my master is busying looking for the scripture, so if you could go to hell, it would be appreciated." the Undead said in a cutesy voice.

"How unsettling, listen here Zombie! I, Charlie Daze of the Beliora kingdom, shall stop your master! Now step aside!" Charlie yelled out, her hair glowing a fierce yellow color.

"Then I! Cecilia Cotta will be your opponent, get ready to die" The maid said with a smile, which scared the hell out of Edward.

"Be careful Miss Charlie, I'll provide support with my air wall". Edward readied his mana to assist his temporary partner.