4.1 || Easter Island ||

Predictably, the next few days before stepping foot on the island went smoothly without all the madness and mischief of his mind. As glad as he was to have to dream less nonsense, he got to cling to the vacation vibes and had fun in his own way. And that meant, without all the nosy interferences of Hale into his regular times of self-isolation. Agreeably enough, this vacation had given him a lot of time to stay away from his only three family members (including their horrid Aunt Mrs Gitch, who he was now even farther away from her to be trapped inside her miserable house), and most glad he was when the sightseeing of a school of whales, a brief glimpse of a meteor shower and sunsets over the week had provided him time to adore them alone. And if you ever question him, that was enough for him. Alwold had even avoided the theatre and musical performances on the ship just because Hale was attending them.

Garron over time had made friends with this neighbouring stateroom couple, who seemed to be middle-aged and frequently spent hearty chats with them during the evenings at the lounge having cake and tea, while Alwold and Hale were away promised to return in time.

The day when they will reach the island drew closer, Alwold could've sworn that he had never seen Hale much agog in his life, or even he hadn't seen things Hale had never done. Like yesterday, when a trio of musicians was entertaining the late evening with a light song by the pool, Hale had jumped in between and began to dance in front of them, inviting several passengers gradually to dance along too. Too embarrassed to stay around in the identity as her brother, he just returned to his stateroom, wishing the subject of the late evening dance would never be bought up. He wondered what else she'd do if their cruise was prolonged another week more.

When it was told that they'd reach the island the next day, Alwold found it hard to sleep last night, particularly due to Hale's humming and his grandfather's heavy snoring. He didn't have to suffer these turmoils when he had his room to sleep and faced nights differently here. His last thoughts before going to sleep were that he should grab the furthermost bed away from Hale and his grandfather, and let her sleep with him instead when they get a room in the hotel on the island.

Alwold wearing his summer clothes and a cap over his long locks of wavy hair carried the big bag of his belongings traipsing down the walkway with his grandfather and Hale. His eyes feasted on the serene view of the sub-tropical island, but his sight was merely obstructed by the several houses and buildings standing on the capital city that the fields and vast green grasslands were sen to be further away, even though he was coming down from a raised platform of the cruise ship.

Completing the necessary formalities, a dozen tour buses were in line out of the harbour, each waiting for every passenger to be taken in to be seated and taken to their respective hotels. Alwold sat with his sister on a seat inside, his nose out of the window to glance at everything fascinating. Restaurants, Shops and Buildings passed swiftly as they took off, his eyes too slow to catch up on every colourful building. On his left was the extensive expanse of the endlessly seeming ocean; blue notorious waves slapped the rocks on the shore. Over time, Alwold would catch sight of one or two statues that looked like a man's face carved on them, buried till their necks in the ground.

After what seemed like a long drive from the harbour, they arrived at an open camp named 'Cabañas Moana'. Few of the buses had stopped over here and passengers got down, their bags taken for them by the staff and each family directed to a different cabin. The one Alwold, Hale and Garron got into was the best in his opinion, for they got to adore the sea view and look directly at the golden sunsets every evening to come.

Their cabin was a lovely little home; the walls were made of narrow wooden planks and a tiny sitting room with two couches and a table in front of a television on the wall was the first to see when you entered in. A single room was built inside with two large beds.