Chapter 5

❗️SHORT UPDATE❗️
*Director Kim apologizes for the late update*
(๑> ~ <๑)

Before the explosion

Kim Taehyung walked around the market with still so much energy and happiness as the child in him would never get tired of the ambiance brought by the busy streets, buildings, and alleyways of the capitol.

The liveliness of the place helped energize Taehyung after he helped the institute's stable boy buy his much-needed groceries and supplies. It's been a while and the warrior knew that it might be another while before he can visit this place that seemed to easily matches with Taehyung's personality.

Bidding goodbye to Park Jimin to walk around on his own while the stable boy went to get the last of his groceries back to their horses, the brunette ran off and ventured into a few alleyways until he reached the main road and stairs towards the town's circle.

Taehyung adjusted his bow and quiver on his back before jumping down and skipping the last few steps of the main alley. He smiled and saw the familiar fountain at the middle and the different stalls surrounding the outer border of the circle.

Not wasting any more time in admiring the beauty of the busy life of the village and town's people, he went to his favorite flower shop and admired the hanging ornaments for a moment. He giggled to himself when some of the ornaments made soft tinkling noises. He walked through the ornaments and finally saw a basket at the far end of the stall.

The basket was filled with little white flowers with a rather sparkling middle. It was so delicate that Taehyung walked up to it and admired it with his big brown eyes.

"What's this called?" Taehyung called out to the owner of the shop that just came out to place some more flowers on the display stand.

"Stardust," the owner answered with a soft smile at Taehyung's obvious curiosity.

"I never saw this kind of flower in any garden nor in any fields I've been."

Taehyung pulled a small bundle from the basket and took a whiff of the rather soft and comforting scent. It smelled somewhat home for the archer but brushed off that foreign and confusing feeling.

"That is because its only grown in the palace gardens of the Kingdom of Inlustris Noctis," the owner whispered and grabbed a bucket of water.

"Those flowers are personally tended by the Angel Prince himself."

"It's so beautiful," Taehyung touched the small white delicate pieces and giggled when an abundant amount of dust flurried into the air.

"They look so precious as if it's the most beautiful thing in world," Taehyung said, "all small things are."

The owner of the flower shop laughed heartily and placed the pail of water down. Afterwards, the owner pulled his sleeves back to reveal faded black marks on his skin, showing that he was an old Demon. The old Demon then manipulated the water out of the pail and started watering the plants with ease.

"It's fascinating how you and the Angel Prince's young brother share the same sentiments," the old Demon shared, "The youngest prince thought of the same once."

"The one that disappeared?" Taehyung asked for confirmation while admiring the flowers he held.

"Yes. His younger brother too always thought these were the most beautiful things. Out of the hundreds of flowers and greenery in the palace's garden, the youngest prince really loved these small white ones. Practically adored it."