1] Best to the Worst

Start from the beginning

Labyrinth enough? Well, yeah!

Who's he!

SeoJoon was the one I was supposed to get married to, wealthy, high class etc. It was a planned arrange marriage. I met him a day later when I got back from the U. S.

We weren't that rich ever so Mom always wanted someone who could give me the best I could ever have. You know, Typical Loving Asian Moms!!!!

She said that SeoJoon met her daily in the church and that's how she knows him. Mom never met his parents, he just spoke about his family and I don't know why mom agreed for the marriage. He might have just sugar-coated his words which made mom fall into the trap?

Damn, am I overthinking? Maybe, but mom would never take any decision without thinking properly.

According to her, SeoJoon was the best man for me, to be honest, I didn't want to get married this early but I had to listen since my parents wanted this, Mom wanted this and I couldn't say no to her. Tried avoiding the marriage a little bit, it made her and my relatives feel bad.
.
Dad just met me for a little while and he said, he had some work and had to leave early.
That was sad, I was here after so long and he just came here for an hour?

-

I met SeoJoon at a cafe (because of Mom) and that was the first meet, he was smart, funny and kind of caring.

Too picky as I've always been regarding guys... People who tried on me, I've kind of pushed them away. If I am like this, I guess I'll end up single all my life. Felt like going with the flow because, at times, it's necessary.

This was the first time I met him so I didn't know whether I was sure he was the man I wanted to be with for the rest of my life or not, wherein I saw most of the time he was checking his phone too because he was a businessman and had a lot of work to do... maybe?
I tried asking him about his job and studies but he kind of ignored the topic with jokes and just told me that he was a businessman. I did have issues with him not being fully open about his life but pretended not to mind much.

.
.

I came back home and mom seemed excited, "So how is my son-in-law?"

Son in law?

I had a weird confused expression, "tsk, we just met for the first time, mom! The meet was fine, he's good looking and I don't know anything else about him, you know I am not very talkative. Let's see what happens."

Mom wanted my marriage to take place as soon as possible and I asked her why was she in so much of hurry.

That's when life changed and I was shattered.

.
.

I learned that my parents have been fighting, not staying together for more than a year and that's the reason Dad didn't stay with me for a long time either.

Mom said that he's planning for another marriage as well and they didn't tell me anything before so that I don't get distracted and come back to mom leaving studies and now, they are going to get Divorced.

I was broken. What happened between them when I wasn't here?

All of this is making me feel dead.

Happening and cute was my life and look, where am I now! Getting into an arranged marriage, my parents getting divorced, isn't it a little too much?

Due to all these problems that were coming up one after another, my mom was worried as she just wanted me to be happy with someone as soon as possible so that I don't be alone later. She asked if I had a boyfriend, but it disappointed her a little since I have been single every time she asked this question.
She knew I loved Dad but, he wasn't the same man anymore, in fact, he seemed to care about the other woman and her kids.

I didn't have any choices left. Didn't want to be a burden to her. My post-graduation was still pending, I wanted to do it so I could get a good job faster but it would take time and for right now, I didn't have the money nor a job, just a worker at a regular cafe and the money I got from it wasn't at all enough for the both of us since Dad had already had parted ways.

Everything was happening so fast.
I wasn't even ready for marriage but still agreed for it. I just wanted Mom to be happy since now, she's alone and Dad, he already had someone.

The entire week somewhere felt like a time machine which was running so fast, showing me those sides of my life that I wasn't ready to see. I wanted to make it stop, but somewhere all I got was a failure. Being sad and lonely is the only feel that surrounded me.

-

A few days later, I got a message on my high school group. I unlocked my phone to check what it was and saw there was a Reunion organized. I did want to meet all my friends. I was dying to meet my girl group. After having so much going on, I needed a break.

I was just cleaning the shelves, the room and while settling all my clothes in the cupboard, I picked a black laced dress which was up to knee length. I decided to wear it tomorrow for the ceremony.

----------

A/N:-
This is my first book, trust me I'll do my best to entertain y'all ❤️

Take care, stay healthy.💜

Please vote and continue reading✨