Chapter 21 - I love you

Start from the beginning

I nod, "Sounds great right now!" 

He smiles and drives towards Baskins & Robins.

***

"Cookies and cream on top of chocolate?" I ask Malichi.

My favourite flavour is defiantly cookies and cream, but you can't have to scoops of the same rich ice-cream, can you?

He nods, "Anything for my princess!" He says.

Princess? I like that nickname, I chuckle quietly to myself.

"Thanks, my Prince," I say back.

He laughs.

"Any toppings with that?" He asks me before he orders.

I shake my head, he goes to order, I feel my stomach rumble even though we ate not too long ago.

He comes back from the counter, "Do you wanna go back to the beach after or, whatever you want?" He asks me.

I nod and say, "The beach sounds amazing."

We grab our ice-creams and go outside, we get in the jeep and start driving to the beach.

"21 questions?" Malichi asks.

"What's 21 questions," I say.

Is it an app, or what, I bet heaps of people know what It is.

"A game where I ask a question then you answer then you ask a question, we do that 21 times." He states.

I nod, "Ok, you start with the first question." I tell him.

"Ok, um, have you ever dated someone before?" He asks.

I shake my head, well does a grade 3 hanging out with someone, then calling it dating count?

"No, well in grade 3 but I don't count that," I say.

He laughs, "I wouldn't count that either, now you ask a question." He says.

"What's the most stupid thing you've done?" I ask while chuckling.

He goes to speak but pauses to think.

"I don't know about that one, I've done a lot of things that are stupid. Maybe it was when I got in a fight and keep it from you." He says.

I smile, "Yeah, that was pretty stupid." 

He laughs, "So my question for you now, what's something you've done that Harley doesn't even know about?" He says.

I laugh then think, there isn't much that Harley doesn't know about.

"Uhhh, well the thing is, I tell her everything. She doesn't know that my mum pretty much disappeared when I was younger, I just told her that she passed away, but that whole situation was very suspicious." I feel myself open up to Malachi.

He raises an eyebrow, "Wow really, that's weird, maybe she wanted to escape without raising suspicion, maybe from your dad or something like that." He says.

I nod, "Ok, I got to ask you a question. What's your favourite colour." I say, trying to get the conversation away from my mum and dad.

"Blue, you?" He asks.

"Mmm, purple maybe?" I say.

I actually don't really have a favourite colour.

"Sweet."

I nod and see that we've arrived at the beach. He parks in the parking spot nearest the beach and we get out of the car.

We walk with his arm over my shoulders and my arm wrapped around his lower back, the height difference leading our arms.

We walk over to a spot under a tree and lay down, he pulls me over his body so my head is on his chest.

"Bailey I gotta tell you something." He says.

I mumble yes, my eyes heavy from the need of sleep.

"First I want you to know that, well, I love you." He says.

I feel him kiss my forehead and I fall asleep. I fall asleep to him telling me he loves me. 

My dream was full of confusing things that I couldn't make out. Was I seeing labs? Scientist. I hear a voice calling my name, getting louder by the minute, I feel a nudge on my stomach and look down seeing no one and nothing.

I open my eyes and realise the name and the nudge was Malichi next to me on the beach. I can't believe I fell asleep in such a public place.

"Hey beautiful, the princess finally awakes." He says softly.

I smile, remembering what he said last night, I was too sleepy to say it back. I know that I love him and I don't know why I fell for him so fast.

"Let's go home." He says, giving me a brief but meaningful kiss.