Chapter Five

My body hurts and throbs as my father pushes me against the wall and punches me in my right cheek you all are probably thinking why isn't she calling the police? Well, I just can't he's my father and I love him and yeah y'all probably think I'm crazy and need some old man to come and put me in a nut house but... I just can't.

I slid down the wall as the throbbing pain goes through my right cheek and I try to get up but fall back down when my dads fist connects with the side of my jaw and I close my eyes making sure I don't start to cry in front of him or he will get the idea that he can keep making me cry and he has found my weakness and he will use it against me.

"Now get up and make me some dinner you selfish, worthless slut" He flicks his head to the side to get his long growing hair out of his eyes. his hair is getting long and needs a cut and he is slowly forming a beard and my mother used to sit in the living room and cut dads hair and laugh at some joke dad made and mum use to laugh and the sound of her laughing made tears form in my eyes.

I got up and ran to the kitchen and made my dad some spicy pork noodles and sneaked some for myself and hid it in a container under my shirt and as soon as l finished cleaning up my mess and handed my dad his meal. He yanks it out of my hands making me almost fall over then all of a sudden something hard hits the side of my face and it sends me and the object to the floor and the object, which i presume is a bottle of whisky and it smashes sending peaces of glass everywhere and a peace fly's in my direction an slashes me against my left cheekbone making me scream.

"Now get me another bottle" he said not even glancing up from the news he was watching on the television "NOW! ASTRID" I jump up in the word record time and limp to the kitchen biting my lip so I won't scream in pain coming from my ribs, face, legs and stomach where he constantly kept kicking me over and over again.

Grabbing the bottle of whisky out of the fridge and giving it to my dad "Now, get up to your room before you make me angry again and you know what happens when I'm angry don't you astrid?" he said in a surprisingly calm tone.

"Y-Y-Yes D-Dad" I stutter.

"GO!" he yelled, Icould tell he was getting angry so I ran up the steps and tripping a couple of times but managed to get up with a throbbing ankle.

When I get to my room I walk into my bathroom and get the first aid kit again and clean my wounds but I'm all out of brandades and bandages and all that kind of stuff so that means I have to go to school looking like this god will my day get any worse I thought when it started to rain and I have a small hole in my roof, obviously.

                                             ***************************************************

I get woken up by the front door slamming meaning my dad is going to work, I'm surprised that my dad still has his job anymore considering that he only goes like twice a week.

"Astrid are you OK?" I whip my head to the side and see my best friend Stella standing in the door frame and I try to nod to tell her I was Okay, but I yelp in pain as my body didn't like the move I made, I close my eyes and waiting for the pain to go away but it dosen't.

Stella runs over to me and bends down in front of me and lifts my chin up so I'm looking up at her and I hiss in pain as she touches the bruise on my chin from when dad hit me "why do you let this horrible man do this kinda stuff to you" she shakes her head and I could see the tears forming in her eyes as her eyes scan my scared, bruised and marked body. I hate being pitied.

"Can you please just help me up Stella?" she nods and grabs my hands and gently pulls me up so I'm standing "Thanks" I whisper just enough so she can hear it and I walk over to my little closet where I keep all my cloths and shoes and grab out a white tank top and some skinny jeans and some of my mums ankle boots and head in the bathroom to have a shower.

When I was done having my cold shower because my dad used all the hot water again and got dressed and did my hair in a messy ponytail and put some mascara and eyeliner and I didn't even bother with the foundation because it never hides my bruises so their is no point on putting it on anyway.

By the time I walk out of the bathroom it was around 7:30 which means we still have an hour to get to school so Stella decided we should go to Starbucks to get a coffee and a bite to eat before school started at 8:45.

By the time we get to Starbucks and I order a skinny vanilla latte and a choc chip muffin and Stella got a skinny cinnamon dolce latte and a blueberry muffin and we paid for our breakfast and as soon as I turned around and started walking to the window seat at the back of the place and I bump into someones hard chest and almost drop my latte and muffin and thankfully I didn't because I'm starving and dying to have my latte because I'm never aloud out to get one because of my dad.

"I'm so sorry" I say and walk away from the man that I ran into with my head down but before I could even get four steps away someone grabs my forearm and turns me around to face them but this time I actually look up to see the man I ran into and was shocked of who I saw.

"Astrid?" I look up to see Andrew starring down at me but I didn't lift my head because you can see my bruises as clear as day.

"Um.. yeah" I answered.

"Show me your face please astrid" he asked, his voice full of concern. What? Concern? No I was imagining things, right?

"Um.. I gotta go, sorry" I yanked my arm out of his grip and grabbed Stella by the arm and dragged her out of Starbucks and too the car.

"Hey, Andrew obviously was concerned about you in there why did you push him away Astrid you need someone that will love you for who you are and don't let your dad get in the way of that Astrid you are an incredible girl and so strong and from being your best friend an all I can tell you like him I can see it in you eyes" she punches me in the arm right on top of one of my bruises and let me tell you it hurt like a bitch!

"OW!! you bitch" I yell and rub my arm.

"I'm so sorry astrid I totally forgot about..... that?" She looked gulty that she had hurt me and I gave her a tight hug even know it hurt really bad. I love my best friend so much.

By the time we get to school its only 8:00 so me and Stella just stand at my and her lockers since they are side by side and drink our latte's and talking about random stuff we where in the middle of talking about dance when Heath Manners came up to us.

"Hey- Wow what happened to your face?" Heath asked "Who beat the living crap out of you princess? Do ya want me and my boys to beat the living crap out of them princess?" Heath asked and pointed to behind him a few lockers away at Andrew, Jace, Kurt, Conner and Jack where leaning against some lockers looking at us. Heath had a smirk on his face and his hands out like he is ready to punch someone "Because me I am all muscle and I could even beat hulk in a fist fight" and that made is what made me crack up laughing but stopped when the pain in my ribs started to throb again making me lean over and place my right hand on my rib where it was broken and my other hand is pressed against the locker and tears spill from my eyes.

Someone was saying my name but I didn't know who and I couldn't respond because the pain in my body was so bad that my head was spinning and I'm getting dissy and ready to faint. I dropped my latte on the ground and it splatted everywhere and someone screamed and I think it was me. My knees where getting week and wobbly and I couldn't stand anymore. My legs gave out on me and I fell almost hitting the ground but not quite before someone warm strong arms wrap around me so I don't fall and hit my head before everything's went black.