Chapter Two

The gym room is pretty big. It's where we practice dance and play volleyball in the afternoons. Dancing is something my mum loved to do before she died, that is one of the reasons why I dance and the other is because I enjoy the way it makes me feel.

Stella snaps her fingers in my face making me jump a few feet in the air. "Are you OK, Astrid? You know that I can just take you home if you want." She says with worry in her voice. Stella is beautiful with long brown hair, brown eyes, really tan skin and an amazing body.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Let's do this!" I smiled and grabbed her hand and pulled her into the girls' changing room and over to my gym locker and grabbed my neon pink tank top that has 'I'm too cute for you' print on it and a pair of pink and black sweat pants.

I looked around me to see if anybody was around so they wouldn't see my purplish-blue bruises on my stomach, back and legs I couldn't see anyone around but Stella standing next to me already dressed in a neon blue tank top that says 'sexy and I know it' in colourful black letters and a pair of blue and black sweat pants.

"It's OK, Astrid. Nobody is in the changing room but us. Nobody is going to see the scars and bruises on you, I promise." I nodded and slipped off my cardigan and crop top, leaving me in my black bonds bra, then put the pink tank top over my head and slip my shoes off and my jeans, leaving me in a matching pair of bonds underwear. I then put on my sweat pants and black sneakers.

I look up to see Stella looking at me with wide eyes and mouth slightly open and looking a bit pale. "Stella, what's wrong? Are you OK?" I'm starting to get worried because she's not moving at all. I was about to say her name again but then she decided to speak up.

"Y-your b-bruises are a lot worse than last semester Astrid. I think you need to tell someone about your dad. Because if you don't, he's going to keep hitting you more and more then it's going to get too much that you could die" she said with tears in her eyes.

"Stella, I will tell someone when the time is right. So don't worry about me, okay?" she nods and then rolls her eyes at me. I gave her a confused look and she sighs in frustration when she saw my face.

"You always say 'don't worry about me, I'll be fine' but then the next day you will come back to school with more bruises or a broken bone and you don't even go to the hospital to get it checked out. You just leave it like it doesn't cause you any pain at all. But I'm your best friend. I know when you're lying, sad, in pain, in love, angry and everything so there is no way of hiding it, girl." Stella lectured while emphasising the word best friend.

"Whatever." I shook my head and smiled at her. "We should get out there before they start." She nods and we both walked out of the girls' changing room.

Miss Gomez blows the whistle and waves all fifteen girls over to where she is standing. "OK girls, for ten minutes, we will do some stretching first, and then we will go over the steps several times so the new students will get a hang at what we are doing, then we will do it full speed. OK girls, chop, chop!" She clapped her hands together with a wide smile on her face as she runs over to the CD player and presses play, and the song Boom Clap by Charli xcx comes on as we do our stretches that went for about ten minutes.

After stretching, we got into our places to dance. I was in front with Roxanne, Nikki and Cat. Before we started, I caught a glimpse of a person sitting on one of the benches in the corner of the room watching us. When I looked up, I was staring directly with a pair of beautiful brown eyes. Wait... What?! Not beautiful. His brown hair was hanging in his eyes and he was wearing a black v-neck shirt and some dark jeans. Sitting there is the one and only, Andrew Black.

I broke eye contact when Miss Gomez turned BOSS by Fifth Harmony on the CD player making me jump and bump into a new girl. I think her name is Kayla or something like that.