chapter 23 ~ 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

     "Hyung," Jungkook warned, looking up at Jimin. "You know what that does to me."

     "I need to talk to you." Jimin glanced over at Taehyung. He was too busy messing with the buttons on the remote control to pay them any attention. "Alone."

     "What's wrong, hyung?"

     "Just come outside, Jungkook."

     Jimin released his gentle hold on the maknae and shuffled quietly to the door, unlocking it and stepping out into the cool evening air. Jungkook stepped out onto the walkway shortly after, shutting the door and rubbing the goose flesh on his arms. 

     "Fucking freezing," Jungkook grumbled, turning to Jimin. "What's the matter?"

     "I wanna talk to you about Yumin," Jimin sighed, walking over to the railing. He leaned forward against it, staring out at the traffic in front of their complex. The sky was turning a dark orange as the sun set behind the homes and businesses of Busan, casting long, dark shadows across the parking lot. Jungkook stepped up beside his hyung, mimicking his stance and staring down at the ground six stories below.

     "What about her?"

     "You two seem to be getting fonder of each other. Ever since we stayed the night at Yoongi's, I've noticed a bit of change in your attitude towards her."

     Jungkook scoffed under his breath. "People can change if they want to, Jimin."

     "Over a mere three weeks? I think this is a little different. You're starting to trust her more than you did...more than you want to."

     "I'm not letting her in if that's what you want to know. She's nice and friendly and all, but beneath that, she could be just like Soojin."

     Jimin sighed heavily, pushing his hips back until his head rested on the railing. "Jungkook, not every girl is going to end up treating you like Soojin did."

     "You don't know that."

     "I do know that. Not every girl is put on this earth simply to hurt you. Look at Yumin; what has she done that's put that idea in your head? What has she done to make you think she doesn't care about you?" Jungkook didn't answer. He continued staring out over the horizon, the wind whipping his bangs across his face. Jimin looked up at him, feeling his heartache for the young man. "Bin Soojin hurt you over six years ago, Jungkook. You can't live like this forever."

      "I can't risk it, Jimin. You've never been hurt before; you don't know what it does to you. How it makes you feel. Soojin's betrayal felt like she came and tore my heart out, just to wave it in my face before stomping it to dust. I holed myself up for weeks thinking I wasn't enough for anybody. She made me feel worthless. I don't want to go through that again."

     Jimin stared at Jungkook quietly, feeling his heart sink in his chest. Jungkook gripped the railing so tight that his knuckles began to drain of their milky tone, his hands beginning to shake. 

     "I don't wanna get hurt again, hyung."

     Jimin pushed himself off the railing, folding Jungkook in his arms. The younger brunet pressed his face against Jimin's neck, slowly dampening the collar of his shirt as he cried quietly. "She took every ounce of trust I had back then," Jungkook went on, tightly gripping Jimin's waist. "Being with her made me so fucking happy. Soojin made me feel wanted. Made me feel like I was the strongest person in the world. I just wanted to give her everything I had; I wanted to protect her, be gentle with her, spoil her. And I did, all for her just to tell me I was worthless and toss me aside like I was a f-fucking piece of trash."

𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫. | BTS |जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें