── 14

THE MAIN DISTRACTION

THE SCENT OF freshly washed linen and the throbbing of your head was the first two things you noticed when you woke up. Disoriented, you tried to sit up from the stiff mattress you laid down on, your muscles screaming to the action. Your memories were still blurry from what happened, especially to why you were in the school's infirmary.

You checked your body for any major injuries, but you only had a few bruises here and there; your head was the worst compared to everything else. Then you noticed how you were still in your hero costume, and the puzzle pieces just clicked.

Today was the practical exam, and you were here because you fainted.

The goal was to save a captive and to safely save them without being seen-which was pretty difficult considering there were robots everywhere. You were paired up with Kaminari for it, and after successfully retrieving the captive you were surrounded.

The end zone was just ahead, and only one of you had to cross the finish line with the captive to pass. However, as you were thinking of a plan, Kaminari got hit in the arm by a laser. Both of you were about to fail, so you decided to do something completely reckless and unordinary from what you would have usually done.

Conjuring up an insane amount of wind, you create a whirlwind behind the robots blocking your path, the heaps of metal getting sucked into the vortex. Kaminari was quick to slip into the opening you made, but you weren't so lucky. Using every ounce of strength you had left, you tried to hold off the robots until Kaminari made it back safely. Everything was fine until you looked back to make sure he was alright, that's when you got hit by a laser and fell hard to the ground. You fainted to exhaustion afterwards.

"You're awake," he said next to you, your eyes widening to his presence.

Kirishima ran to the infirmary after he heard what happened to you, and he's been with you ever since. You were surprised that you didn't notice the redhead by your side, his hair down and a bit messy from when he had fallen asleep waiting for you to wake up.

He stands up, "Are you feeling alright? Does your head still hurt?"

"Yeah, I'm alright. Just a little headache," you reply, Kirishima sighing in relief.

"How's everyone else though? I just remembered that Kaminari got hurt during our exam, is he okay too?" You rambled, your expression scrunching up in worry.

"Everyone else is fine," he said. "They actually passed by before when you were sleeping. And Kaminari arm's alright too, just a little bruise."