── 05

BREAKING BOUNDARIES

BREAKING BOUNDARIES.

WHEN KIRISHIMA went into your dorm like always, he was a bit suspicious when he didn't see you already waiting for him by the door. He hasn't known you for long, however, he was starting to catch on to your little habits already.

Instead of your room being illuminated and with books and worksheets already on the table, he was met with darkness and uncomfortable silence. To be frank, the red-head was disturbed but proceeded to enter.

When he flicks open the light, he immediately sweats drops when he finds you face down on your bed, although once he noticed you not moving he rushes to your side.

"[l/n]! Please don't be dead, you're still so young!" The boy cried, shaking your body vigorously while you remained unmoved.

While Kirishima held you by your shoulders, you grabbed him and threw him over you, his back hitting the wall next to your bed.

"I was so tired," you muttered, rubbing your eyes.

The red-head chuckled, sitting up, "And why would that be?"

You lazily got up from your bed, staring down at your clothes to find out you were still in uniform. A look of distaste fell on your features, "I think I talked too much today."

"What really?" He managed to say, your head nodding in agreement.

"Give me a sec, I'm going to change."

His face brightens, "Wait a sec! I'm still in here!"

You already start taking off your blazer, "Then turn around."

After you toss your blazer to the side, you starts unbuttoning your shirt. The thought of Kirishima in the same room as you didn't really bother you. But curiously, you peeked over you shoulder and saw the boy covering his eyes with his hands, face the colour of his hair.

He fought back against the thought that popped up at him, teasing him, and increased his embarrassment tenfold. Kirishima was always intimidated with how you held yourself, so calm and confident— in your own way, of course. However, even if you were a bit scary, he still found you pretty. The weird mix of emotions resulted in a crush, an inbewtten of admiration and nervousness jumbled all into one messy crush.

Then he felt a slight breeze over his head, his eyes widening to the sight. You now wore a baggy sweatshirt and loose pants, your hair still a tangled mess as it dangled over his face.

"You can fly?" He muttered, looking up at you in surprise.

You giggle, lowering yourself onto your bed, "It's my quirk dummy."

Kirishima laughs nervously. He actually did know about your quirk, except you never really used it besides group assignments and especially not in random situations. It caught him off guard.

"Hey, I want to thank you for today," you say, shuffling a pair of cue cards to keep you busy. "It was nice to know people didn't hate me."

The red-head furrows his brows, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I just always got the impression that people didn't like me, that's all. And it was nice to know I could find a friend in Midoriya- we surprisingly have a lot in common."

"You know for a smart person you're really oblivious," he grumbled, causing your head to snap up at him.

"Sure they might be a little intimidated by you but I can assure you that they don't hate you. Actually, I could even say some of them even like you!" He scolds, your expression deadpanning to his last comment.

Kirishima huffs after his rant, a little annoyed that you thought so badly about yourself. As he crossed his arms and looked back at you, once again he was caught off guard to see you leaning in.

With a small smile, you brought your finger up to his face, a gust of wind emitting from your fingertips. Kirishima scrunched up his face, blinking rapidly when he stared back at you.

"I think you're spiking your hair too much... you might be losing brain cells," you jest, returning back to your spot.

Still a little dazed, he chuckles, "Well your definitely in a good mood today."

"Yeah, today was a good day," you whispered, the red-head smiling to your words.

The cue cards in your hand then capture the boy's attention, leaning over to catch a glimpse. When you realize him peering over, you shuffle closer to him.

"You ready to start some English exercises?" You say in a playful tone, spreading the cards out on the bed.

He grabs one, "Did you colour code them?"

You scoff, "Of course I did. Who do you take me for?!"

Kirishima looks over at you with an amused expression, his sharky grin on display.

"[l/n], you're such a nerd."

You smack his shoulder, "And? This nerd is helping you pass the written exams so be nice."

The red-head smiles softly to himself, taking one of the cards and starts with reading them out loud.

For the rest of the night, you help Kirishima learn about English literature and so on. You had to admit, being with the red-head was fun, who knew you'll end up becoming friends with him.

────