── 04

INTERVENTION

INTERVENTION.

THE BELL FINALLY rang for lunch, your classmates already chatting away for what to eat down at the cafeteria. Calmly, you start putting away your things, your mind wandering about what kind of foods Lunch Rush has to offer today.

"Hey [l/n]!" You shot your head up towards the sound of your name, your mouth agape as you saw Kirishima run-up to your desk.

"Um, hi," you mumble, caught off guard with his sudden arrival.

The red-head grinned widely, staring down at you with a certain glint in his eyes. Completely unamused, you get up from your desk and sling your bag around your shoulder.

Standing up straight you then realized someone behind him, giving Kirishima a suspicious look.

"I'll like to introduce you to someone," he starts, already pushing forward the boy from behind. Your eyes widen to the familiar tuff of messy hair, your [e/c] orbs staring straight into his vibrant green ones.

"H-Hi [l/n]," he stuttered, a little intimated by your presence.

You play with your fingers nervously, "Hi Midoriya..."

Kirishima watches both of you act awkwardly, an amused smirk crawling his way up to his face. He smacks the back of Midoriya's back, the poor boy's face scrunching up.

"I hope you don't mind but I asked if he can show you his hero notes," he announced, your eyes widening.

"Kirishima! You didn't have to bother him about something so unimportant." You clap your hands together bowing your head slightly, "I'm sorry Midoriya for bothering you-"

The green-haired boy straightening his posture, waving his hands frantically, "No! It's okay really! I don't mind at all, I was just surprised that someone wanted to read my notes..."

The freckled boy goes into his bag, handing his tattered notebook over to you. With a slight smile, you accept it, already curious as to what Kirishima was talking about the other day.

As you opened the book, you slowly became aware of the number of eyes on you. It seemed that Kirishima brought a lot of attention to him when he had dragged Midoriya along. You sat back down, covering your face with his notebook.

As you stared back at his notebook, the drawings catch your attention. Subconsciously, you started to read the words written along with the pages, the book gradually lowering, showing off your face once again.

Kirishima watched you light up while you read, Midoriya watching intently for your reaction. You were actually a huge fan of the pro hero's-probably not as full-blown as wannabe all might here, but a fan nonetheless.

You pointed towards the familiar red-winged hero, a surprised look on your face. "I didn't know that his quirk worked like that," you said aloud, looking back up to the freckled boy.

"Yeah! It's cool right! He can command each individual feather to his will!" Your eyes lit up, an awe-struck look on your face.

Kirishima and Midoriya looked back at you stunned, they couldn't deny that you looked completely adorable gushing over the pro hero's quirk.

"I didn't know you were so into the pro hero's," Kirishima asked, chuckling over your expression.

A hint of red-painted your cheeks, embarrassed about your outburst. "Well I do want to be a hero like them one day... plus they're so cool," you gushed, your proclamation causing the boy next to you to get excited.

After that, you started to talk to Midoriya about all types of heroes. You didn't know how long you were talking but it felt nice.

During your conversation, Kirishima watched proudly as he saw you talk to one of your classmates. He knew that it wasn't much, but seeing you come out of your shell made him really happy.

"Hey, we've been looking all over for ya," Denki shouted, walking into the class and glancing in your direction.

"Woah, is that [l/n]?! She looks so different!"

Kirishima rolled his eyes, pushing his friend out the door, "Ya ya, let's get going already or else Bakugo will blow a fuse."

For the first time this year, you actually had your lunch with someone else. And it was all because of some red-head who couldn't mind his own business.

────