── 09

WRITTEN EXAMS

WRITTEN EXAMS.

AFTER A LONG day of various exams you were finally done. As you walked out of your final exam, you gave out the longest sigh of relief you could muster, your head pointing upwards and your shoulders slumped. It was finally over, all the countless hours of memorizing different mathematic equations and literature devices hopefully worth it.

"I wonder how it went for Kiri?" You thought, your eyes scanning the small crowd in front of the class. You smiled when a spiky red-head came running your way.

"[l/n]!" He shouted, some heads whipping at your direction. Kirishima stood in front of you without a hint of emotion on his face.

"So... how did it go?" You asked, anxiously fumbling with your fingers for his reply.

Kirishima kept himself composed, trying his absolute best to not crack out in a full grin in front of you. But to his avail, he couldn't stand that look you gave him; your eyes were big and hopeful, your body leaning in gradually as your focus was glued to his facial expressions.

The tension that was gathering at your shoulders seemed to have disappeared when the boy in front of you chuckled, all worry out the window. You scolded him for making you wait, but your smile was telling a whole different truth.

Kirishima was on cloud nine. For the first time in a while, he actually felt confident in his exams, and it was thanks to you. Not only did he spend time with a girl he liked, but he also managed to get to know her better and most likely past the exams.

In a spur of excitement and joy, Kirishima picked you up and twirled you around. The gesture made your cheeks flare-up, a loud laugh coming out of your mouth. When he put you down, he wrapped his arms around you and brought you close, mumbling several thank you's.

"You're absolutely amazing!" He exclaimed, pressing you even closer to his chest. As your face was just inches away from his neck, you couldn't help but notice your entire class looking towards your direction. The realization of what was happening just made your face heat up, patting Kirishima on the back in response.

"Kiri, don't say those things... it's embarrassing," you whisper, the red-head quick to laugh at your expression. You pout.

"You shouldn't be [l/n], because you really are." When he said that last sentence, your breath was suddenly ripped away, your eyes wide and mouth gaping for words.

His eyes were different... there was some type of seriousness in them that shook you to the core. It made you wonder when he became so confident with his words, it forced you notice him in a different light in a sense.