── 01

NOT SO BRIGHT DECISION

EXAMS WERE COMING up and your whole class was going absolutely insane. Your classmates started yelling and screaming about what to do, some already planning study sessions with each other. Although, despite all the regular chaos of class 2-A, you sat in your seat in the back of the class watching it all.

With a math workbook in your hand, you tried to regain your focus on studying, something you were always doing. Your main goal is to become a hero someday, you will graduate top of your class, a hero with an astounding academic record! Now all you have to do is graduate that is.

"Shit! Who scored first last year for the written exams!" Mina cried, shaking Ochako rapidly in stress.

Jirou then sighed, "Wasn't it [l/n]? She's like super-smart isn't she?"

The group of girls glanced over at your direction, observing the girl who never really spoke in class.

It didn't bother you when your classmates whispered about you, it was your fault for giving them a reason to. The year was almost done and you haven't really spoken to anyone besides when there was group assignments- you were always busy on your studies.

As your classmates poured out of class, you began gathering your things. It was always a habit of yours to clean up your desk once everyone was gone, not wanting to bump into them on the way to the dorms.

You were certain that they probably didn't like you, but even if they did you still liked them. Sure, you don't really talk to them but that didn't mean you thought any less of them, in fact, you were proud to call them your classmates.

As you sling your bag around your shoulder, a tuff of red hair grabs your attention.

You were surprised to see someone still here, usually everyone's gone by now. Making sure that it was just the two of you, you look around the class, even crouching down to see if anyone was under the desks.

When you get back up however, you hit your head against the side of the desk, an unholy screech leaving your mouth as you rub your head to ease the pain.

With a pout, you finally open your eyes to find him staring back at you, his mouth open slightly showing off his pointy teeth.

Ejiro Kirishma was someone that you didn't really think about often, the only thing you really knew about him was that he was a skilled student with mediocre grades and that he somehow befriended the ticking time bomb known as Bakugo. Just by the last fact alone, you can add brave along to that list too.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his eyes wide in concern.

You wave your hands frantically, "Yup! Perfectly fine!"

The boy just nods, his stare blank and full of thoughts. You bite your lip, unsure if you should just leave him to sulk alone in the classroom.

"Um... Are you okay?" Kirishima looks back up at you shocked.

He sighs, leaning back into his chair, "Yeah, it's just the written exams are coming up and I'm just worried."

You awkwardly play with your fingers, not sure how to respond. Then the red-head jumps up to his feet, facing you with a glint in his eyes.

"[l/n] can you please tutor me for the exams! I heard that you scored first last year and that you're really smart!" He beams, you could've sworn he glowed.

With a blank expression, you sweatdropped to his outburst, "S-Sure, if you really want my help."

His mood immediately shifted, the usual sharky grin adorning his face. It made you feel a little better than he was back to his normal self.

As the sun began to set, Kirishima offered to walk with you to the dorm, mentioning that it wouldn't be very manly to just leave you. On the way there, he did most of the talking, only simple yes and no's leaving your mouth.

You didn't think Kirishma noticed, but you were internally freaking out. Not only were you supposed to study for the exams for yourself, but now you had to help your classmate you barely even know.

For being known as the smart one in class, this wasn't really a bright decision.

────