Chapter 6

Quick author note: I hope you all like the story so far, if you have any remarks I would love to hear them to somehow make the storyline more enjoyable for you : )

******

Back to normal, but not quite the little pink scar on his side was the remainder of the day ever since he got out of the hospital, the damage wasn't all that noticeable, but standing in front of the mirror every morning, shirtless, it's a sight made every negative thought wash into his mind.

Now buttoning his chalky white shirt, a part of his police uniform, he made an eye connection with an own worn out, tired reflection of himself. His brown hair slicked back gave him a somewhat formal appearance and if it wasn't for dark circles under his eyes, he looked flawless.

It was the beginning of yet another frustrating day without sight of Michelle... While he was in the hospital just a week ago the body of Mark Lavoie and Cynthia Davis who were her's father and stepmother were found in a river not so far by their house in a small neighborhood in the suburbs of Gotham.

It would be nothing, just another tragic sob story, parents of two young children murdered by angered lone sharks...That would be it if not the Joker card that was tucked into the little pocket of Mark's flannel jacket which suggested that it all was a part of a certain sequence of events in which Michelle was strangely a puzzle piece. It didn't make sense at all, why first of all would she somehow be a part of this?

Michelle could hardly be considered anything special, walking down the street she blended in with the grayness of the crowd and generally looked pretty average. Her behavior was calm and as much as Sam was aware she only hanged out with him, Rachel and Diane, if there was someone else he would know.

Going through all the trauma she became purely an antisocial beast. Setting a bet on who would most likely get in trouble it would probably be Rachel who was everything that Michelle wasn't... An outgoing, beautiful, fashionable young woman who socialized with all kinds of people. Pretty ironic isn't it?

Suddenly the sound of annoying Nokia ringtone hit Sam's ears, sighning he looked down at the small phone that laid vibrating on the corner of the sink. The screen flashed with the name Andy, he was his partner with whom he every day drove to work.

He quickly fixed his tie one more time before picking the small phone off the sink ,,Hurry up! We're already late" the tight young man's voice screamed into the receiver, Sam instantly lifted his hand and looked at the small hand watch on his wrist instantly rolling his eyes.

,,Andy we still have about 20 minutes..." Sam harshly groaned into the phone getting out of the bathroom, looking out of the broad living room window standing behind a white lace curtain he saw a police car parked right outside of the entrance to the brownstone building he lived in, there on it leaned a platinum-haired man looking neatly in his police uniform smoking the cigarette and starring angrily at his phone.

,,You're shitting me... I can't believe I once again forgot to fix that fucking clock" blonde took a big puff of the cigarette and absently observed yellowish newspaper floating in the wind ,,At least Wilson wouldn't finally have problem with us being late"

,,You know how he is, he might as well have a problem with us being too early" Sam chuckled visualizing aging man's face which was way too often burning with rage for reasons unknown, it was without a doubt that with the life he leads sooner or later he would get a heart attack and leave them in peace ,,Hold on, I'll get to you soon"

Before Andy got a chance to answer Sam quickly disconnected and got to the kitchen to fix himself something to eat, but after starring at his food supplies for a good 1 minute he decided it was for the best to just pick up a banana with him.