• (O) Natsu Dragneel x Mermaid!Reader

Last Free Day

{05.27.19}
Word Count: 2371

❀✿❀✿❀

Your POV

You watched from a stone not too far from the shore as a pink-haired little boy swam and splashed around in the water. It was late at night, yet he still splashed and laughed as if he were playing with friends on a nice sunny day.

'Humans are such strange creatures..'

However, as you said this in your mind, you couldn't take your eyes off the small boy. You were attracted to him by the colour of his hair. It was a colour you'd never seen on a human before, which piqued your interest.

Unlike the rest of your people, you weren't afraid of humans. You just felt like the history and information you had on them was wrong and that the facts they taught you when you were little were completely made up. You knew they were good with the amount of observation you've done on humans. Not all of them decide to be good people, though. There are also bad mer-people, so bad humans can be a possibility.

As the future queen of your people, you felt it was your duty to educate them so they no longer had to live in fear.

As you watch the little boy splash and swim around, completely lost in your thoughts, you don't notice the group of fishermen stalking you. You were the first mermaid they'd ever seen, and even in a world full of magic, mermaids were still thought to be mythical. They knew capturing you would surely bring them profit that could improve their lives.

With that thought, the men all jumped and threw nets over you. You were so distracted by the little pink-haired boy that you hadn't noticed that they had stealthily approached the stone you were on.

You gasp in horror as you squirm and wiggle around, trying to tear and rip the nets off you. You screamed, shaking and flipping your tail as they tied you up.

"No!! Let me go!!" You scream out loudly, your heart racing with fear.

The pink-haired little boy jolted up to the sounds of screams, instantly swimming in your direction.

"Hey!"

The fishermen all looked back to the stone they had captured you from, the little pink-haired boy you were watching, now standing on it with a hand on his waist and his other hand pointing at them.

"Let the lady go!" He said in a clear voice, which only made the men laugh.

After all, he was pretty small compared to them. You had told yourself that he was a baby human, not quite grown to his full size yet.

"Wow, such a noble hero. What are you gonna do about it, pipsqueak?"

You looked up to meet his gaze. What could he do to save you? There were at least five of them and only one of him, not to mention that he was half their size. The odds just didn't seem to be in his favour.

The pink-haired little boy punched his fists together, and flames burst from his palms.

"I'm gonna teach you some manners. That's no way to treat a lady. Igneel taught me that, and now, I'm gonna kick your butts." He grinned his entire body lighting ablaze. "Oh yeah, I'm all fired up now!!"

The men all gasped in shock, as did you. You've never seen a human being set on fire and not be harmed.

'He must be a special breed of human..'

"Fire Dragon: ROAR!!!!" He shouted as a massive burst of fire headed for the group of men.

The net around you burned off from the heat, and as the men ran in an attempt to dodge the attack, they threw you into the air in panic.