• (O) Laxus Dreyar x Sad!Reader

I Don't Believe It - Pt. 1

{03.05.19}
Word Count: 646

❀✿❀✿❀

Your POV

You sigh as you stare out the window. You watch couples walk by, hand in hand with their loved ones. You frown and just sit sadly in the loneliness of your home. Laxus hasn't been around lately because he was always on jobs. He said he wanted to get stronger, so he went on quests and dangerous missions given to him by the guild. But, the more dangerous his quests were, the longer they took to complete. Of course, being the supportive girlfriend you were, you didn't complain. Whatever made him happy was what you wanted.

But what about what made you happy? Did that matter anymore? You just stare sadly at your lap, playing around with the bracelet Laxus gave you for your birthday last year. You couldn't help but admit that you missed him. After all, he was one of the significant things that made you happy.

"I miss you, Laxus.. Hopefully, you're safe wherever you are.." You said sadly, sniffling as you lay your head on his pillow and hugged it tightly.

It was the closest thing you had to Laxus since it had his scent. You closed your eyes and pretended you were hugging Laxus instead, slowly drifting off to sleep, hoping you dreamt of him.

❀✿❀

As days turned into weeks, and weeks bled into months, Laxus still hadn't returned. You hadn't eaten a lot nor left your home at that time. Trying to escape the gloomy atmosphere you built in your home, you get up and shower, grabbing your bag as you step out the door. You blink at the sun's brightness, your eyes slowly adjusting to it. You haven't been outside lately, so your entire body tried adjusting. You walk around town and buy groceries quietly when you spot a familiar face.

Laxus!

Your heart skipped a beat and jumped for joy as his face brought you happiness.

But he was holding hands with another woman. She had dirty blonde hair and the same blue eyes he had. Nonetheless, you just stood there, frozen, as if everything around you had stopped.

Laxus' eyes landed on you, and a smile made its way to his face as he waved at you. His eyes widened in shock when the tears began spilling out of your eyes. The woman hugged Laxus from behind and held him tightly. The scene squeezed your heart, almost ready to burst. You drop all the groceries you bought and run.

Your tears blurred your vision, but you didn't care. You didn't care about all the looks you were getting or the fresh groceries you left behind; you just kept running. At this point, all you wanted was to get away from there—away from them, away from him. You looked behind you and saw Laxus trying to get through the people, following you.

"Reader! Wait! Please!" He shouted out, trying to get through the thick crowds of people to you.

You just ran faster, running into Lucy on the way. Lucy turned around and saw your face, gasping.

"Reader? What happened?" She asked, clearly concerned.

Your breathing became quick and shallow as you began to struggle to breathe. It was as if your lungs were shrivelling up like dried prunes. Your head spun, and your legs started shaking as a buzzing grew in your ears. You look back one last time as you collapse, seeing Laxus shouting and running towards you, his words muffled as the buzzing in your ears grow louder and louder. Your eyes finally close as the world goes black, feeling yourself fall into warm, strong arms.

'No.. It can't be.. I Don't Believe It..'

🇨​​🇴​​🇲​​🇲​​🇪​​🇳​​🇹​ ​🇵​​🇴​​🇱​​🇮​​🇨​​🇾​:
          🇴​​🇳​​🇱​​🇾​ ​🇵​​🇴​​🇱​​🇮​​🇹​​🇪​ ​🇦​​🇳​​🇩​ ​🇦​​🇬​​🇷​​🇪​​🇪​​🇦​​🇧​​🇱​​🇪​ ​🇨​​🇴​​🇲​​🇲​​🇪​​🇳​​🇹​​🇸​ ​🇦​​🇷​​🇪​ ​🇦​​🇨​​🇨​​🇪​​🇵​​🇹​​🇪​​🇩​ ​🇭​​🇪​​🇷​​🇪​. ​🇨​​🇴​​🇳​​🇸​​🇹​​🇷​​🇺​​🇨​​🇹​​🇮​​🇻​​🇪​ ​🇨​​🇷​​🇮​​🇹​​🇮​​🇨​​🇮​​🇸​​🇲​ ​🇮​​🇸​ ​🇲​​🇴​​🇷​​🇪​ ​🇹​​🇭​​🇦​​🇳​ ​🇼​​🇪​​🇱​​🇨​​🇴​​🇲​​🇪​. ​🇦​​🇳​​🇾​ ​🇨​​🇴​​🇲​​🇲​​🇪​​🇳​​🇹​​🇸​ ​🇹​​🇭​​🇦​​🇹​ ​🇦​​🇷​​🇪​ ​🇮​​🇳​​🇹​​🇪​​🇳​​🇩​​🇪​​🇩​ ​🇹​​🇴​ ​🇧​​🇪​ ​🇴​​🇫​​🇫​​🇪​​🇳​​🇸​​🇮​​🇻​​🇪​ ​🇹​​🇴​ ​🇲​​🇪​, ​🇲​​🇾​ ​🇼​​🇴​​🇷​​🇰​ ​🇴​​🇷​ ​🇦​​🇳​​🇾​​🇴​​🇳​​🇪​ ​🇪​​🇱​​🇸​​🇪​ ​🇼​​🇮​​🇱​​🇱​ ​🇧​​🇪​ ​🇩​​🇪​​🇱​​🇪​​🇹​​🇪​​🇩​ ​🇦​​🇳​​🇩​ ​🇺​​🇸​​🇪​​🇷​​🇸​ ​🇼​​🇮​​🇱​​🇱​ ​🇧​​🇪​ ​🇧​​🇱​​🇴​​🇨​​🇰​​🇪​​🇩​/​🇲​​🇺​​🇹​​🇪​​🇩​.

❀✿❀

♛ 𝐕𝐎𝐓𝐄 ♛ 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 ♛ 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐄 ♛