• (O) Leo [Loke] x Reader

I Hate You - Pt. 1

{05.17.19}
Word Count: 1924

❀✿❀✿❀

Your POV

You frown as you lay in bed. Alone. Again.

Your boyfriend, Loke— err, Leo, was out with Lucy again. Ever since he told you he was a Celestial Spirit, you've seen him less and less. Of course, you expected this.

He can't stay on earth for a long time, or else he'll disappear. He also has to help Lucy when she summons him. It's his job as a Celestial Spirit.

You loved him, so you didn't complain. It's not like it was his fault, anyway. He has duties and responsibilities. When he told you how Lucy saved him from disappearing forever, you grew more patient and understanding because, well, at least he's still alive and here with you.

That was three years ago.

Back then, you at least saw Leo every day. That turned to every other day, then once a week, then once a month, until eventually, you could only see him once a year.

He didn't write, tell you how he was doing, or come in to check on you. It was as if he were your boyfriend for a day, then never part of your life. The harsh cycle of emotions he put you through was getting repetitive. It was tiring.

Relationships aren't meant to be tiring. They're meant to be comforting and supportive. Your relationship with Leo was the complete opposite of what a relationship should be.

Of course, you wanted to solve this. But how could you? You only see him for nine hours a year. You don't see him most of the time because he always has to leave to help Lucy out with something. That basically gives you three hours out of an entire year with this guy.

You were starting to doubt your relationship. Is it even still legal to call it that?

❀✿❀

You walk into the guild and walk right up to Lucy.

"Lucy, I need to speak with Leo. There are some things we need to talk about." You sigh softly.

"Oh? Is there anything—"

"Please don't, Lucy. I want to get this over with.." You look away from her, and she takes the hint, summoning Leo for you.

"Hey, Lucy! What are we— Oh! Reader! Hey!" Leo smiles and goes for a hug, but you put your hand up to stop him, shaking your head.

"We need to talk." You tell him, then walk out of the guild, not wanting anyone else to hear.

He follows you, noticing the looks some people in the guild are giving him. As soon as you take three steps out the door, you turn on your heel and get straight to the point.

"I think we should end this." You blurt out, and his eyes go wide.

"What, why?! Reader, I love you more than you could possibly know. Why in the world would you want to end this? I thought we were happy together." He takes your hand, and you push it away.

"Happy..? HAPPY?! Are you serious? Wake up, Leo! I barely see you anymore!" The way he seemed so oblivious to it was making you boil.

"You know why that is!!"

"Yeah, I know! I've known for three years! But guess what? It used to be so much better before. Before, you were still trying. Now, you don't care as much." You cross your arms.