• (O) Hibiki Lates x Reader

Regret

{03.27.19}
Word Count: 1489

❀✿❀✿❀

Your POV

'I hate him. I absolutely hate him.'

"Reader, please!! Wait!!" He called out, running after you.

"No! Get away from me! I never want to talk to you again!" You shout back, running out of the guild.

Hibiki Lates. One of Blue Pegasus' famous womanizers. Now also your ex-boyfriend. He had been making out with Jenny again.

You knew this would happen one day, but you didn't expect it to come so early. You and Hibiki got together a week after you joined the guild. Of course, since you were new, you thought he was a decent guy. Turns out you were wrong—extremely wrong, in fact.

Your relationship barely lasted a month! Hibiki was constantly flirting with other girls behind your back, and you've had enough of it.

Why would he even ask you out if he would continue flirting with other girls?

❀✿❀

You stood in the arena of the Grand Magic Games, sweat building up on your forehead in exhaustion. It had been nearly eight years since you transferred from Blue Pegasus to Fairy Tail. The atmosphere and the people were so much more welcoming than any other guild. You truly felt like you belonged, like you now had a family.

A family you weren't going to disappoint.

No matter how much it hurt or if you wanted to pass out, this was not a match you could lose. Fairy Tail was significantly behind, and winning this match could really help Fairy Tail bump up a few places.

"Ice-Make: Ice Dragon!" Lyon called out, your eyes widening as his creature rose, towering over you.

"Seriously?!" You scream in pain as his dragon quickly throws you against the arena wall.

You swore you heard something crack. Nonetheless, you picked yourself up and stared right into Lyon's eyes. He was getting exhausted from all the creatures he was creating.

"Just stay down, woman!! How many times do I have to beat you?!" Lyon panted out tiredly.

"A-As many times as I have to! Fairy Tail is my family, and I won't let them down!!" You screamed back at him, a magic circle surrounding you at your feet. You needed to activate your transformation magic.

When you transferred to Fairy Tail, you went on a job that took a severe toll on you. You had encountered a monster, and it attached itself to you. A goddess. It was one of the reasons why you had Transformation Magic in the first place. But, she was evil. Whenever you used her form, she tried to take over you. Last time, she got too close to achieving that goal.

You promised yourself you wouldn't use her help for anything again, but you knew you needed to. Fairy Tail was behind, and if you won this match, it would surely boost Fairy Tail's chances of winning. You knew how much this meant to the guild, and you weren't going to let them down. You needed to awaken the monster sleeping inside you—literally.

"Take Over: God Soul! Goddess of the Shadows!" You yell out, feeling your body being enveloped in darkness.

"Reader!! No!!" Mira screamed, watching you transform in horror.

Your hair flew up as your body floated into the air, turning white and your eyes completely black. Scaly wings erupt from your back, growing and stretching out so they drag along the ground with you. Your skin turns into scales, matching your wings.