20 ~ The Queen is always the Queen

Start from the beginning

I fake smiled looking at her and nodded as if understanding whatever she was saying.

"All I want my daughter is to make this marriage work out and I know it's tough to get over your past but you...You can try at least" She said with a tense tone and smiled tiredly.

I couldn't answer her words. I guessed, she was only thinking about her son and nothing else. She didn't know him, she didn't know what he does to me. She didn't know anything.

Moving on she signaled me to a few ladies and one of them was Sakhi looking at her made me smile instantly. 

I ran to hug her and she hugged me back. Releasing the hug I looked at her face which was tensed but I nodded with a smile that made her smile tensely.

"These all work for you, Our Princess," Maa saheb's voice caught my attention.

"And I want to give your friend back to you." She said and smiled.

"Thank you so much Maa saheb," I said.

Coming towards me she said. "No need to thank you, my love. But, you have to watch a few things. Look, Abhi" She said I concentrated on her.

"The situations and circumstances in which your wedding happened would not change the fact that you are married to the Prince and Future King of Mahabaleshgarh. And, Being the first wife of the Prince, You rightfully belong to Chandra Mahal and have a few responsibilities. Before you, I was taking care of them but as you can see I am growing old and now you are the wedded Princess and I would love to pass them to you." She said with a smile and I was listening as if a puppet.

"you are taking care of all the ladies in the palace, You will be managing their funding and requirements." Coming closer she continued.

"Prince has to ask you in every political and decision-relevant for the betterment of the Palace and I really hope you will do it well. You have to become the better half that's best in all as the Queen. You already impressed the people that are Close to the throne but there is one person that you really have to take a place in her heart too. Gulaab bai" Hearing the name my eyebrows turned into thin lines considering why I had to take place in her heart.

"She is our daughter, sister of Raj, and precisely his heart. Raj loves her more than anything and if she feels any discomfort because of anyone. He doesn't think twice to pull the heart out of that person. She is quite ill these days but does not worry, you will meet her soon." I felt a little taken away listening to the love he does for his sister. Strange...that animal even loves someone. 

I nodded telling her as I was listening to her. She continued "Don't worry, just be comfortable and let me know when you feel like taking responsibility, and please think again about Raj, He is not that bad. He is good in his bad way. " She said with strange eyes as if I was miles ago from reality. "Also, you will be introduced to Our people soon."

I couldn't help but nod. "You both are going to visit the Temple to take blessings of our God. The journey will be tiring as you both will go alone as local people, So prepare yourself" I nodded whatever she was saying as the Queen of the Palace. 

"I need to go now," She said and I simply bowed to take her to leave. She moved away with a few ladies leaving around ten ladies back but she turned suddenly and looking at me said. 

"Raj doesn't love many people but he loves madly whoever he loves." (Raj jyada logo ko pyaar nahi karte, lekin jisko bhi Karte hai paglo ki Tarah Karte hai)