chapter 22 ~ 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆

Start from the beginning

     Yoongi groaned softly, his hands gently tugging at my sweatshirt. I slipped my hands up his chest and behind his neck, threading my fingers through his hair. "I love you," I whispered, pressing my forehead against his. Yoongi chuckled, shutting his eyes again as he mumbled, "I love you, too." His deep voice brought a smile to my face, and my mind slowly started muting thoughts of Jungkook. I curled closer to the brunet, tucking my head under his chin with a sigh.

     "Something bothering you?" Yoongi mumbled, running his hands up and down my back.

     "I-" I tripped over my thoughts, unable to form a proper sentence to explain why I was suddenly so unnerved and clingy. Running my tongue over my bottom lip, I pulled away from Yoongi, sitting up and staring down at him. "M-Maybe?" I muttered.

     Yoongi pushed himself up onto his arm, furrowing his brow. "What happened? Was it another nightmare?"

     "No," I whined, tugging the sleeves of Jungkook's sweatshirt over my hands. Yoongi watched my movements quietly, his gaze unwavering.

     "When did you get that?" he murmured, reaching out and trailing his finger along my arm.

     "Last night..."

     "You were with Jungkook?"

     I looked at Yoongi nervously, anxiously picking at the skin between my thumb and index finger out of habit. Yoongi pushed himself up, sitting against his headboard and looking over at me. "Were you?"

     I felt my heart seize up in my chest, burying my head in my arms. "I'm sorry," I mumbled shakily, feeling guilt overtake me. A tear slipped down my cheek and dangled from my chin before falling against my bare thigh. Yoongi's arms quickly encircled around my waist, pulling me close to him.

     "Hey, hey," he cooed quietly, pushing my hair out of my eyes. "Why're you sorry? What happened?"

     "I don't know," I croaked. "I don't even think I did anything wrong. You know I'm new to this; I don't know the first thing about a relationship like this."

     Yoongi pulled my head against his shoulder, pressing his head against mine. "Yumin, just tell me what happened. I'm sure it's nothing."

     "I got up to go use the bathroom, and I saw Jungkook leave the apartment, so I followed him," I mumbled, pulling the sweatshirt's hoodie over my head. "He said he was just out there thinking, and that nothing was wrong, but you can tell when someone's lying. I knew he was lying."

     Yoongi nodded, hooking his hand behind the nape of my neck. "So, you called him out on it?"

     "Sort of. I told him I wasn't going to stop worrying about him until he told me what's wrong. He didn't really answer me...he was more focused on trying to keep me warm-" I extended my forearms, the sleeves of the hoodie dangling off my fingers. "And then he kissed me...and I kissed him back. And I haven't been able to sleep since three in the morning because I keep thinking I did something wrong."

     After a few moments of silence, Yoongi burst out into a fit of giggles, pulling his arms away and positioning himself above me. I stared up at him in bewilderment, uncertain on how to react to his sudden outburst. Yoongi grinned down at me, leaning forward and peppering my face with kisses. Squeaking in alarm, I shoved against his chest, lowering myself onto the bed to get away from him. "Yoongi!" I whined, the brunet laughing softly as he pressed his lips against mine. I flailed from underneath him, his hands blindly reaching out and pinning my wrists against the bed.