38. New Year.

UNEDITED
Please ignore typos and grammatical mistakes.

#

As Nandini walked out of the changing room after changing into her pajama set from the heavy lehenga and removing all the makeup, she walked near her bag to keep the jewelry safely inside it, bug at that exact moment somehow Manik's eyes fell upon Nandini legs as his eyes widened in shock and he immediately got up and made Nandini sit on the bed before he himself sat down on the floor taking Nandini's feet in his hands, as Nandini looked at him surprised and confused.

"What are you doing?"
Nandini asked confused as Manik got up and searched for something in the room.

"At least tell me what are you looking for?"
Nandini asked as Manik looked at her for a brief second before turning back and started looking again.

"The first Aid box." Manik replied and just in that moment he found the first aid box and immediately brought it to Nandini as he sat down in front of Nandini on the floor taking her foot in his hand and resting it on his knees while Nandini just looked at Manik confused, but as soon as he rested her foot on his knees, she finally noticed the thing that got Manik worried.

"Manik, it's okay, I was wearing the heels for a really long time and that's why my feet are swollen, it will all be fine tomorrow." Nandini tried her best to assure Manik but her words fell into deaf ears as Manik applied pain relief gel on the affected area with soft hands making her close her eyes tightly in pain as Manik glanced up at her face.

"So what were you saying?" Manik taunted her as Nandini pouted, knowing that she couldn't lie anymore.

"I don't want you to cancel the New Year party tonight." Nandini said as Manik looked at her with an 'are you serious expression' ."

"I'm not cancelling the party, but we are not going." Manik announced making Nandini look at him in shock.

"What do you mean by we are not going?" Nandini asked as Manik tied the bandage on both her ankles.

"The party will happen as per the schedule but we are going back home, I can't let you go to a party with these swollen ankles, and don't worry I will talk to everyone and explain them the situation."
Manik answered even her unasked question as Nandini couldn't help but smile hearing him.

"Why are you so cute?" Nandini asked pulling his cheeks as Manik scoffed in irritation.

"Let's go home."
Manik whispered as he stood and packed all their stuff while Nandini just sat there quietly on the bed, watching Manik roam around the room, searching for stuff and making sure that nothing is left behind.

"You go to the party, I'll go home with mumma and papa."
Nandini said as Manik looked at her, walking close to her as she looked away from him.

"I don't want to go the party, my party is where you are, Miss Fiancee."
Manik whispered as he leaned dangerously close to her face making Nandini close her eyes in anticipation, Manik looked at her close eyes, her parted lips, inviting him to claim them, a small smile appeard on his lips ad he pecked her lips and moved away, leaving Nandini on the bed carving for more.

"But I don't want to keep.you back from having fun, I am fine, trust me, you should go to the party."
Nandini, somehow recovered from the little teasing by Manik before and argued, she didn't want to keep Manik back from having the time of his life with his brother, who planned the party with so much enthusiasm.

"You're not keeping me back from anything Nandini, for the last 7 years I have been alone on New year's Eve, but this time I am with you, and that's the best thing for me, ever."
Manik completed packing all the stuff and walked near Nandini, kneeling down infront of her and cupping her cheeks.