1. The first meet.

UNEDITED
PLEASE IGNORE TYPOS AND GRAMMATICAL ERRORS.

#

MANIK

The door opened and Mr and Mrs Kapoor welcomed us inside. They lived in a 4 BHK apartment, which was actually quite big as compared to the apartments that are available in Mumbai.
The house was well furnished, designed and gave out that homely feeling which actually made me feel like I have visited this place so many times earlier.

Mr and Mrs Kapoor were really warm and I felt comfortable in their company just the way I felt comfortable in their house, they weren't pushy or interrogating like other people I meet usually, they just asked me if I was fine or I needed anything, and some basic questions that anyone would ask when you meet them the first time and continued talking to my parents.
Aunty, that's what Mrs Kapoor insisted me to call her, was really sweet, I really like her and I can already feel myself bonding with her which is rare for me, and Uncle, he doesn't talk much, he is a man of few words but I know that he is a really good human being, and how can I say that? Because he is just like dad and I feel really comfortable talking to him about myself or my business, he respects my opinions and my decisions just like dad.

"Bhai don't you think they should call their daughter now?"
Varun whispered in my ears as I glared at him.

"Just sit quietly."
I ordered as Varun nodded making a bad face.

"Ragini maybe we can call Nandini now?"
I heard my mom ask Ragini aunty, as Ragini aunty and Nachiket uncle nodded.

"Nandini, beta, come."
Nachiket uncle called her.

"Yes, uncle!"
Came a voice, maybe it's her friend because as far as I know she just has an older brother who lives in Delhi.

Just a few seconds later I saw a girl walking out, she walked towards us smiling while 3 other girls followed her. She wasn't the prettiest of them all but she had a different innocence on her face and an aura that made her different from others.
She was wearing a navy blue long dress with minimum makeup, looking really pretty, I immediately regretted not looking at her picture that mom sent me yesterday.

"Bhai look away, her friends are staring at you."
I heard Varun and realised that I was actually staring at her and immediately looked away.

"Namaste Uncle, Namaste Aunty."
I heard her greet my parents in her soothing voice.

"Hi Manik, Hi Varun."
She greeted me and Varun next as I looked at her smiling.

"Hi, Nandini! Nice to meet you!"
I heard Varun as Nandini smiled at him and sat down on the other couch with her friends.

"Are these your friends?"
I heard my mom as I mentally face palmed myself, of course, they are mom, you only told me that she doesn't have a sister.

"Yes aunty, they are my best friends."
I heard Nandini reply, she sounded so calm, I wondered if she was even nervous like me.

"We have been together since we were in school."
One of her friends said as mom smiled.