19. Together again.

UNEDITED
PLEASE IGNORE TYPOS AND GRAMMATICAL ERRORS.

#

Since Nandini was shifted to a private room, everyone came to meet her almost immediately so Manik and Nandini didn't get to spend some alone time together, but the whole time as everyone met Nandini or when Avni, Divya, and Laiba's parents left and his own and Nandini's parents went to the canteen to have something, or when Nandini was asleep, Manik never left her room even for a second, nor did his eyes leave her sight.

When everyone was in the room, or even when just their parents were in the room, Manik quietly stood by a corner, and no one actually tried to make conversations with him because Varun and Neil asked them not to, they asked their parents to give Manik some space and time to adjust, to what they agreed.

It was now time for everyone to leave and only 1 person was allowed to stay with Nandini but after talking to the hospital authority and management, 2 people were allowed to stay with her every night.

"You all go home, I'll stay here."
Varun said as everyone ignored him.

"I'm serious! I'll stay with her!"
Varun insisted.

"Have you even looked at yourself? You're covered in blood, your eyes are red, tiredness is visible on your face, so go home and take rest, you can stay here tomorrow night."
Varun looked down at his body hearing Ragini and realized that she was right, his light blue shirt was now of a brownish-red colour, and was extra stiff.

"Fine, I'll go home, but no one can stop me tomorrow."
Everyone nodded hearing him as Varun left to get the car as they sent all the drivers home.

"I'll stay with her."
Manik said still staring at Nandini, who was fast asleep. Everyone looked at Manik for a minute and then at Neil who just nodded in agreement.

"Okay, so I and Manik are staying, you all go home and take rest, Nandini's fine."
Neil announced as the elders smiled and left.

#

MANIK

She is still asleep, I don't know what I'm supposed to do, just sitting here in the hospital room beside Nandini's bed with Neil too resting on the bed that is present in the room for the family member who stayed in the hospital.

"Manik, I'll go and grab us dinner, you stay here, and please take some rest."
Neil requested me placing his hand on my shoulder, I nodded in agreement as he left.

Though Neil hasn't really interacted with me much since the time I got here, he's been taking care of me, in one way or another, and I cannot thank him enough for that.

"Sir here is the patient's belongings, you can take these home now."
A nurse entered the room and handed me a clear bag as I nodded while she left the room.

I looked at the bag and there was Nandini's White Chiffon Saree, that I forced her to wear to court, but the white chiffon fabric isn't white anymore, it's covered in Nandini's blood, which has now dried off.

I opened the bag to touch the saree, it is now of a brownish-red colour, and stiff, due to the dried off blood, unlike the soft, buttery fabric that it's supposed to be.
Just as I was about to close the bag, I spotted Nandini's chain and earring that she wears every day sitting in a corner of the bag.