8. Equals.

MANIK

Nandini was just amazing, she argued so well and presented her case, her evidences and witnesses at the correct time, she was a total different person inside a courtroom, and I like this Nandini as much as I like the other Nandini.

After the judge announced the judgement, the family of Nandini's client was all around her, thanking her, and I don't know why but I feel proud, I feel proud to call her my friend and my soon to be life partner.

The crowd slowly disappeared from the courtroom and now only me, Nandini and the other advocate were left, I was about to go to Nandini when I saw Nandini talking, laughing and having a conversation with the other advocate.

"Maybe she knows him, they look like are good friends."
I tried to assure myself when I saw him touching her and checking her if she was sick, she looked confused too but a minute later they were laughing, I am jealous and I won't lie, but I had to give Nandini her space, she has a life that I don't know anything about, so I can't just imagine stuff myself.

As I was assuring myself when Nandini hugged that guy and turned to look at me, I smiled at her when I realised that my smile is hidden by the pollution mask I am wearing.

And now we are in her office, the whole car ride was quite and smooth, it's still felt nice, being with her felt nice, we had lunch as soon as we reached because we both were starving.

"Manik, come let's go inside, I have a room here."
I heard Nandini as she poked her head out from a door that looked like a book shelf, if she wouldn't have poked her head out then I probably wouldn't have ever known that it was a door.

"I heard Nandini as she poked her head out from a door that looked like a book shelf, if she wouldn't have poked her head out then I probably wouldn't have ever known that it was a door

I made my way inside the small, cosy room, decorated beautifully. Nandini then turned the fairy lights on and turned off the main lights, this made the room look more beautiful.

"This is my little get away place, I often spend time here when I am really angry on someone, or when I want to be alone, or when some annoying relatives arrive at my hou-

"This is my little get away place, I often spend time here when I am really angry on someone, or when I want to be alone, or when some annoying relatives arrive at my hou-."
She got so excited but stopped and bit her tongue while shutting her eyes tightly.