But she tries.

It's no secret that Hayley Marshall has been searching for a cure from Marcel's bite—the werewolf venom, derived from all seven bloodlines of the original werewolf packs. Though Rory and Hayley no longer speak, Rory has been keeping an ear out with her own informants.

Rory, in her many years residing with the Mikaelsons and learning about her heritage has learned to take a page out of her predecessor's playbook. People would trust her, and then they would die for her. The Petrova allure has brought many benefits unto the Gilbert vampire, ensuring that she has many little spies both on the outside and inside of the Quarter. Just as Hayley searches for the cure, so does Rory.

The rumble of Jasper Clearwater's motorcycle fills Rory's ears as the vampire pulls up in front of the Mikaelson compound, making Rory look up from the bowl that resides in her hand. Licking the chocolate mix off her spatula, Rory places the cake batter aside to wipe her hands and leave the kitchens to greet him.

Jasper greets Rory with a smile, leaning against his motorcycle. He pulls out a paper from his riding jacket, placing it in Rory's hand. "Here," he says. The Strix ring on his finger glimmers under the sunlight, reminding Rory just how dangerous it was for Jasper to go behind Marcel's back in order to help her. "Hayley's only got the Malraux clan left to look for. Word is that they all got killed...all except one."

"Keelin Malraux," Rory reads out, lifting her head. "What do I owe you?"

"A slice of that chocolate cake you're baking," Jasper gestures towards the chocolate stains on Rory's shirt. Rory looks down, rolling her eyes as she stuffs the paper into her pocket. She gestures for Jasper to come inside, the blond-haired male trailing after her. "You know, people are starting to think we're having an affair."

"You wish," Rory scoffs, barely sparing him a backwards glance. "Did you let Hayley know?"

"Of course I didn't," Jasper responds as he clambers onto the barstool, sitting across from Rory. He crosses one of his legs over the other, sticking his finger into the chocolate batter to lick it off his finger. "Compelled someone to give her the tip."

"Where is she now?" Rory questions.

"Thought you didn't want me to tell you,"

"I made you make that promise like four years ago, Jasper," Rory gives him an exasperated glance. Jasper's lips upturn into a smirk, placing a finger against his lips to shush her. Rory rolls her eyes, transferring the cake batter onto a clean baking pan. "Whatever. Is she safe?"

"She looks great, if that's what you're asking. I always wonder why you didn't sleep with her instead of Klaus' sister," Jasper hums as he places his knuckles under his chin. "Though, it might be awkward, considering your fiancé and all..."

"Don't you have somewhere else to be?" Rory spares him an annoyed glance.

"Like where?" Jasper questions innocently.

"You said you were going to meet Kai,"

"Did I?"

"Jasper," Rory taps her fingers against the kitchen counter.

Jasper rolls his eyes. "I told him I'd be late. Felt bad leaving you here. You know, you're literally the only one that still comes around this place—there's a condemned sign on the gates for a reason," Jasper comments. "Also, it's sad as fuck that you're baking in this dirty ass kitchen. Gives me real Haunting of Hill House vibes."

"If you're just going to stay here and insult me, you might as well just fuck off because it's nothing I haven't heard before," Rory mutters as she slips the baking pan into the oven.