2018 Issue | January: Ranunculus of Phantasmic Blue

"I am coming. O Alicides, my dear child."

"Gredora", the Apostle of "Gyze" the Dragon Deity of Destruction, and the Queen leading the crime syndicate "Megacolony". To accompany her dearest child, she performed Different World Ride and departed from planet Cray. The careful leader had left the battlefield... that was the proof of Megacolony's great advantage. "Neo Nectar" must focus on defense and could not perform counter attacks, and its friendly nation "United Sanctuary" was too occupied by its own defense to send significant rescue.

"Ahaha, victory is at hand."

"Promularva", assigned to deal with the follow-up issues, did not hide his laughter. But, as an invader---as one who stood on the "evil"'s side, there is something he should not forget.

"I can imagine my form receiving praises from Her Majesty and Lord Alicides."

Worldly glory is transient. Until victory is completely assured, one shall never be conceited, no matter how outstanding his talents are, no matter how much the situation is in his favor. But, the victory in front of him is too sweet for him to stay humble. Even Mistress Gredora, an experienced commander, has made the judgement that victory is so assured that she does not even need to witness it. Promularva could not suppress his brimming emotions when predicting his first victory. However, neither Promularva or Gredora noticed that their scales of victory were tilted to their sides due to suppression beyond the seas.

"Okay, okay, how is the fight going?"

Promularva was watching the monitor, showing the Deputy Praetorian Captain "Bolg Wasp" fighting against "Ahsha", the envoy of Neo Nectar.

"This Mr. Wasp is a pretty good fighter, thanks a lot."

"Nah!!"

Bolg Wasp swung his black spear with mighty force, synchronizing with his breaths. Whenever the black spear thrust, it made wind-cutting sounds like humming.

"Wu... gugh!"

Ahsha blocked the continuous attacks with her mana-imbued hoe. Her skills prevented all direct attacks, but,

"Huhahaha! Is that all!? Is this the Ranunculus Flower Maiden!? How ludicrous for the Green State's heroine!"

(Urgh, say whatever you like... If I could deal with the venom, I would move better...!)

To neutralize the venom that struck her at the first attack, she was casting detoxification magic when fighting. She needed to divert her mind to maintain the magic, and it was difficult to tilt the scales.

(The venom is stronger than I expected, and it is spreading rapidly. At this pace, even if I can maintain the situation, I cannot neutralize it...!)

Fighting while keeping the venom at bay was her limit. Even someone powerful like Ahsha could deplete her mana and fall if she kept fighting.

(I must come up with a solution... a solution---)

"There it is!"

She focused on coming up with breakthrough solutions, and made the mistake of diverting her mind away from defense. Aiming at the moment she let down her guard, Bolg Wasp's spear approached Ahsha. Though Ahsha tried to block the spear with her hoe, Bolg Wasp was stronger in terms of physical strength. His spear blew away Ahsha's hoe.

"Argh...!"

The impact made Ahsha fall on her bottom. Before she could resume her stance, the black spear pointed at her neck.

"It's over, Ranunculus. I had intended to have a full throttle fight with you."

"...Is that something a venom-user should say?"