2015 Issue | May: The Shadow of the Black Dragon

"Gear Chronicle" is a mysterious group which occupies an ancient ruin in "Dark Zone" as its headquarters. They proclaimed themselves as restorers of the distorted spacetime. At the very beginning, the residents of Cray had been doubting their true intentions.

"Lady. The Black Dragon has appeared again. I would like to report the case to you."

Nevertheless, as "Gear Chronicle" lent helpful hands to victims of the aberrant phenomenon "Stride" multiple times, they were accepted by Cray's inhabitants, and a friendly relationship has been developed between both sides.

"Let me listen, Knight Xang."

"Gear Chronicle" has delivered the Stride-controlling techniques to the rightful hands. Cases of Rampage accidents have been reduced. But---

"The holy knights suffered again. By the same way as the previous cases."

"Seizing the power of those who are summoned during Rampages, until they are pulled back to their original spacetime forcibly, is it?"

Xang nodded his head in response to "Uluru"'s answer.

Recently, occurrences of Rampage have become more frequent. And there is always a black monster involved on the scene---commonly known as the "Black Dragon".

"Causing Rampages intentionally, what is that monster thinking about, really... and..."

"Someone except our lord possesses power that could affect spacetime to this level... I could hardly believe it."

"I do doubt the inspection results, too."

The Black Dragon hunts with no ifs, ands or buts. It approaches those with the potential to cause Stride, and wreaks havoc to its victims' comrades and surroundings. As a result, its victims would seek power with deep hatred in mind and cause Rampage. The Black Dragon would then suppress the summoned beings and rob the energy generated by Stride.

"The Black Dragon is powerful enough to defeat the mighty beings summoned by Stride. So---"

"I do have a thought, if you would hear my guess."

"Do you mean.. .Shadow Paladin? As there have been no great wars recently, the knightly order of shadow has been covering its whereabouts, and now some would even question if it truly exists."

"I haven't been involved by their actions directly... but bad rumors about them have been emerging lately."

The speech of Xang is followed by a "however".

"I have come to the headquarters, not by distant communication, to turn the surmise into knowledge."

As he spoke, he knelt with one knee and lowered his head politely.

"Please allow me to speak with our master, Chronojet Dragon."

"Gear Chronicle" possesses power to intervene with time and space. That is exactly why they understand the severity of surpassing time, and the act of time travel is strictly prohibited in normal time.

"...seems like it's a mistake to rely on Burnham to adjust things."

But at the moment, Xang had rewound time. This is a special case among special cases. It is because Chronojet Dragon views the case as of this importance.

"Don't tell me the dimensions are out-spaced... where is this place, really?"

His facial expressions turned from anxious to comforted as he glanced the spacetime observer on his wrist.

"The mistakes are trivial, aren't they? The first objective is done."

Xang deals with the spacetime observer skillfully, and his form fades away like mist. Dis-search Stealth---this is invisibility that wasn't found in this epoch.