2017 Issue | February: Rumbling! A Battle Sister's Struggle

At the night of United Sanctuary. The clear voice of a young girl resounded from a rooftop of the residential area.

"See, you can flee no more."

The girl in black monastic habit held kukri knives vigilantly. Standing in her way were several armed men with black clothes covering their faces. The man posed like their leader made a short order, "Scatter.". However,

"Fufufu...you have already been imprisoned, in the everlasting darkness."

Their actions seemed to be predicted. Two shades leapt into the battlefield and flanked them. One of the shade was a lady, with silver hair brilliantly reflecting the moonlight and red eyes like searing fire. One of her eyes was covered by a eye-pad with an emblem that the men had never seen before.

"Please be cut and crushed without resist~"

Another shade was a tall lady in smile. Despite her slime frame, she held a heavy knight's greatsword in one hand.

Both ladies wore costumes similar to the young girl with little difference, revealing their allegiance. The mens' way were blocked from the front, the left and the right, and they had only one way to flee. After nodding to each other, they turned back simultaneously and fled to the rear.

"Good."

The men fled with their full speed, without caring other things. The chance of being blocked or caught was low. But,

"Madeleine, now!"

A sister appeared suddenly and stood just in their way, and they have no way to escape from the cannon already in aiming mode.

"Well done, Compote! Leave the finale to me! FIRE---!"

Able to convert mana into shells, the sister's weapon was a "magic cannon"---the despair on the mens' face were illuminated by the shells of light, and all of them were stunned and immobilized by the exploding shells of light. Everything went as planned, but,

"Wait!? Stop! Hyaaa---!?"

"Madeleine"' fired without aiming as she always does, and the shells of light even reached "Compote", the girl standing behind the men. That would have injured Compote severely, if the girl had not got used to that and evaded.

"MAAAADEEEELEEIINEEEE!"

"I SAAAAY!"

The girl could no longer tolerate, and her voice of anger shook the church at dawn. All the birds on the rooftop sensed the danger and flew away.

"I've told you to fix your firing-without-aiming syndrome!"

The solemn church is located in the west of the capital, and no sound can leak from the church as there are anti-noise measures to prevent disturbing the nearby residents.

"What'd happen if it hits!"

But, whenever the girl spoke, the pedestrians turned their heads to see what happened. Her sound did not leak, for sure. That was because the whole building shook with her voice.

"Hey, you don't need to get mad, Compote. You say that, but you have dodged them all, haven't you?"

Then, what happened in the church? A young girl was scolding at a lady whose appearance was more mature.

"I also think I've done it wrong, you see?"

"Mukiii! Your attitude says the opposite!"

The girl called "Compote" got angrier, and her face flushed with her anger. But the lady's face was unserious as usual.