2015 Issue | September: The Falling Sanctuary

"Boringgg!"

A young man walked in the corridors which surrounded the headquarters of "Genesis", his brows knitted and his footsteps deliberately noisy. One could understand his bad mood at first sight.

"Boringgg!"

The sturdy wall beside the young man was dented abruptly. In the dent was a visible trace of a fist. The young man, who punched the wall at speed beyond bare eyes, featured wavy blue hair like a mane and bared teeth like fangs, making him a beast-like figure.

"...What happened, Fenrir?"

From the room behind the dent appeared a debonair man with silver hair. Looking at the questioner, he who was questioned---"Fenrir" smacked his lips loudly.

"Tch! Nothing!"

"If nothing happened, please refrain from destroying the armour walls, which could remain unscathed by explosions. They are expensive."

"Pesky. Write as you like, on your favourite reports, see."

Without looking the questioning young man, Fenrir left the scene to the opposite direction.

"Really..."

"Mr Gleipnir, what happened?"

"That guy, didn't he destroy another wall? What's that stupid power!"

As the silver-haired young man---"Gleipnir", a young boy, supposedly his subordinate, asked about his safety, while another bouncy boy looked at the destroyed wall.

"...Mr Fenrir is really a man of greatness. In addition to his might, he can finish all tasks in one night, however..."

"His bad traits are more than enough to cover that. If only in terms of strength, he is a once-in-a-millenium genius, but..."

As comments leaked from the boys' mouths, Gleipnir smiled as if to alleviate their agonies, and gave them new tasks.

"Leyding, as he said, please add this into the reports. Dromi, please request for the walls to be repaired."

"Okay, another day to be grumbled at by the maintenance department!"

As Gleipnir saw the two boys had returned to their respective desks, he left the room.

(Fenrir...the time for releasing your impulse is near, until then...)

---------------------

"Boring, boring, this world's really boring!"

"Creating, doesn't suit my mind."

"Wanna destroy! Everything, anything."

"Come quick, the mess called the foretold catastrophe! Heaven's sake, I'll start it first...!"

---------------------

"That time" came quicker than they could imagine. Yes, it was the day when "Claret Sword Dragon" announced his rebellion to the whole nation.

"Turning this nation into the country of warmongers, is that..."

Citizens and even knights were frozen by the abnormal situation, and only one man recognized it positively.

"Morons who have forgotten the blood-boiling wars...really, it's limit of my tolerance...!"

As the Black Dragon was laughing highly and the knights were roaring furiously, Fenrir also laughed. His form, baring his fangs and fighting aura...resembled a beast, as expected.

"Fenrir."

As Fenrir was going to leap off, a voice called him suddenly.

"Gleipnir...!"