2016 Issue | April: Encounter with the Legend

"Haa, haa..."

"Chrono Dran" was running. He knew neither his location nor destination. Then, why was he running?

"Goooooorrrrgggghhhh!"

"Urgh!?"

Accompanied by thunderous explosions, the road he had passed was destroyed. From the cracked ground, a massive dragon emerged like a mountain rising in dust and debris.

"You've been chasing me for too long!! You bone-bone---!!"

"GoooGooorrrggghhh!"

The pursuer was a moving skeleton, a type of undead. It was the unliving cadaveric dragon "Bone Dragon", the largest of undead skeleton ever observed.

"Dang! Why did things turn out like this---!"

"GoooGoooGooorrrggghhh!"

"Urgyyyyaaaa---!?"

Behind the fleeing Chrono Dran, Bone Dragon stomped. Luckily, or unluckily, the impact blew Chrono Dran away at a speed several times faster than his running pace. "Why did things turn out like this"---the view of the barrens was spinning like a merry-go-round, but he saw the approaching bone dragon accurately. He became surprisingly calm, and recalled what had happened that day.

Several hours ago, Chrono Dran invited his guardians "Melem" and "Ul-gir" to play hide-and-seek. He searched for the best spot to hide.

"I have hidden here before~ over there... Uluru would get angry, no way."

He skated on the ground with his roller-like feet, and he turned around curiously.

"Hmm...?"

He found something interesting, and stopped using the roller on his tail spinning in the opposite direction.

"Was there a crack before?"

He found a crack on the wall of the ruined site. It was large enough for a small kid to pass through.

"...I could enter here."

That was a perfect spot for hiding. Chrono Dran walked sneakily like a crab.

"Oh, it's quite wide here."

The crack was connected to an open space. Chrono Dran could not tell the details due to lack of light, but he could predict the size of the space from the echoes.

"Cough, cough, so much dust~!"

He walked along the walls, with his hand swinging in front of his face to wipe off the dust. After more than ten steps, his foot hurt something.

"It hurts!? So hard! What's this!?"

The end of his foot hit something, like how a human's little toe hit furniture. With tears almost bursting from his eyes, he jumped while holding his injured foot. As he lost balance, he tried to regain balance with his hand, and his hand touched something.

Kachi... Booooooon!

"Kachi?"

He felt that he pressed something like a button. A moment later, he heard a thunderous sound like that of an engine. Three seconds later, he found out what he hit, due to the light emitting from that object. And, at the same time,

"Waaaahh!"

A rainbow-coloured space appeared on the ground he was standing on, and engulfed him... he screamed as his butt hit the ground.

"It hurts... where is this place!?"

When he opened his eyes again after several seconds of surprise, he saw no ruined site, but a vast landscape of barrens.