2014 Issue | April: The Blades Shrouded by Shadow

(Where is... this place?)

Inside an overgrown forest where the branches block the moonlight, on a cliff where even beasts would not dare to visit after the sun sets, it found a disappearing "torch".

(What is... this?)

The "torch" was a vanishing life. Given that there were many bloodstains and palmprints on the cliff, it derived that their owner was someone who suffered severe injuries and escaped to this place.

"Haa... Haa..."

From his sharp, long ears, everyone can distinguish him as an elf on the first sight. He wore armor so beautiful that many would mistake him as a formal knight of the Holy Nation, but on his armor was the sigil of the village watchguards.

"It's no good... here is my..."

He has dazzling blond hair and eyes comparable to transparent amber, but it was impossible to identify his beauty with blood and mud smeared on his face. However, with his life vanishing, now is the time...

"What is this...?"

(Light...)

...that they could meet each other.

"Who are...you?"

(I can feel his... light.)

In front of the knight, a brilliant golden flame appears. Its size was so small that one could grasp it with a single hand, but this "agglutinated light" could emit strong light that can reach several miles away.

(I am... My name is...)

"Okay... you don't need to say it..."

He wasn't responding to a voice that could be heard. After all, the brilliant glow could not produce a sound. Nevertheless, the knight reaches out with his arm as if he was speaking with the glow.

"You... are something sacred... aren't you...? (Cough)"

Blood came out from the knight's mouth. It seems that his cracked ribs punctured his internal organs. Even so, he continued to reach out his arm.

"I beg you! I haven't protected anything! To do something for this planet..."

(I haven't done anything...)

"The sanctuary... this planet... should never be controlled by them!"

(Then, come with me.)

The outstretched arm and the brilliant glow intersected.

"Mordred."

The voice pulled him back to the reality. His silver hair, dully shining, has lost its colour. His eyes are scarlet in colour, as if they are melted in blood. His jet black armour reflects no light.

"I am... I see, I have been sleeping."

It seems that he was suprised that he had slept. Returning his outstretched arm to his chest, his face looked puzzled. This man is "Mordred", the leader of "Shadow Paladin" and the one who commands the elite troop "Revengers".

"It is rare for you show to such an unsightly look."

The one who teased "Mordred" is the hero who re-rallied the "Shadow Paladin" and the vice commander-in-chief of "Revengers", "Blaster Dark".

"It's time."

"Aaa, it's coming."

The words were too few to be described as a conversation, and the leader stood up somehow reluctantly.

At the moment that Mordred and Blaster Dark were walking towards the dorm...

"As the topic of discussion, we hope everyone to give us proposals of introducing ourselves!"