Epilogue

Some years later...

Ryder's POV

The laughter of children running around, filled the air as I walked out the backyard of my dad's house, carrying a container filled with chocolate chip cookies.

"Come on, dad, let me help with the cookies," my seven year old son, Brayden, pleaded. I shook my head with amusement, already knowing every one of the tricks he had up his sleeve. Him and his twin brother, Caden, were little devils that were always getting into mischief.

I hoisted my one year old further into my arms, when she started to slip. Her small hand slammed against my face and I winced. "Princess, daddy's face is not a tambourine." I placed the container with cookies on the highest shelf I could find, then looked for an available chair to slump into. I spotted one next to Nissa and walked over towards it, stopping evey now and then to say hi to a family member or pausing for people who wanted to gush over my daughter.

"Hey, Ryder," she greeted with a smile, cooing at Riley and I nodded in reply. "Hi, Ry Ry."

Riley squirmed in my arms, giving her a big toothless grin. She opened her mouth and made a weird attempt of speaking, only managing to let out a few incoherent sounds.

"Who's the most adorable baby here, you are, yes, you are," Nissa cooed, grinning.

"Are you seriously talking to my kid like she's a dog?" I asked her in disbelief and she laughed.

"You're an ass."

"Language!" I scolded her, placing my hands over Riley's ears, who just laughed and bounced up and down in my lap.

Nissa's eye widened. "Sorry. Sorry, Ry Ry. Don't make that your first word, okay? If you do, you're mom will kick my ass-shit! Sorry!" I laughed, unable to help myself.

"I heard about you and Seth breaking up, I've never liked him, so kudos to you," I told her with a grin and she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, thanks, a-hole," she answered, shaking her head. "Where's my best friend?"

"She went to the bathroom," I told her with a fond smile as my mind ran to my beautiful wife as she rushed to the bathroom, cursing me out, because according to her, it was my fault she now had a tiny bladder.

Nissa shook her head with a laugh. "I can't believe you got her pregnant, again."

I shrugged. "It's her own damn fault for being so fucking sexy."

"You're too much."

"Daddy!" I heard my six year old, Macy, scream from across the yard as she ran towards me, her face stained with tears. Handing Riley to Nissa, I rushed towards her. I crouched down and braced myself for her force. When Macy was in a rampage, she got this strenght that I was pretty sure she'd inherited from her mom. When she reached me, she rushed into my open arms, sniffling.

"What's wrong, princess?" I asked her, standing up with her in my arms.

"Brayden and Caden won't let me have any of the cookies." Cookies? What cookies? Those sneaky little bastards had better not...

"Brayden! Caden!" I shouted, walking over to the tree house my dad had built for me when we had moved here. The twins loved it and would always climb up there, whenever we would visit my dad. The two little demons, innocently peered over the tree house's edge, giving me questioning looks and I shook my head. "Get down here now!" They glanced at each other and made that face they usually made when they were silently agreeing to something. I hated that face. They slowly climbed down the tree the house was fixed on and jumped to the ground in front of me. "Who gave you cookies?"