Everything you want, wants an upgrade

Ryder's POV

          For most of my high school years, I'd spent at least fours days out of each week in detention. Teachers were idiots who didn't appreciate my sense of humor, it really wasn't my fault. I'd seen everything from Toby drooling a pool of saliva, to Mr. Jenkins running out the room, screaming that we were incorrigible delinquents who needed a good ass kicking. But never did I see coming what happened my third day of detention for telling everyone in the cafeteria to go fuck themselves.

        I was calmly throwing spitballs at Toby's head, bored out of my mind when the door swung open. I hadn't paid any attention to it until Mr. Jenkins spoke up.

        "Miss. Stratford, are you lost?" My eyes traveled to a scared-looking Casey and my brows lowered in confusion. The fuck was she doing here?

        "Um, no, Mr. Jenkins," she mumbled, her eyes darting around the room. When they landed on me, she glared before turning back to Mr. Jenkins. Okay, someone is in a mood. Must be PMsing.

        "Oh, are you here to volunteer?" I snorted. No surprise there.

        "No." Hmm?

        "Um, okay, are you here to get one of the delinquents? or all of them?" Mr. Jenkins asked, his eyes begging with her to say yes. I shook my head with a smirk. The poor bastard.

        "No, Mr. Jenkins. I'm here for detention." I chocked on my own spit, making both Mr. Jenkins and Casey turn to me. I dismissed their 'concern' with a flick of my wrist. 

        "Did you say detention?" Mr. Jenkins clarified. When Casey nodded, he threw his head back and roared with laughter. I smirked as Casey looked around in confusion. Noticing that Casey wasn't laughing along with him, Mr. Jenkins' smile fell and his laughter died. "Oh god, you're serious."

        Casey shifted on her feet, her eyes darting around the room, never meeting Mr. Jenkins surprised stare. Clearing his throat, Mr. Jenkins motioned for her to take a seat. She headed to the first chair in Toby's row and I sighed. Amateur.

        "I wouldn't do that if I were you," I told her and her eyes lifted to give me a questioning look. "Toby had burritos for lunch."

        Her eyes widened slightly before she nodded. "Enough said." She turned to sit next to Sarah, throwing me a dubious look. I shook my head no and she sighed. Turning to the row next to her, she pointed to the chair behind Leo James and I widened my eyes with warning, shaking my head no vigorously. She sighed with frustration. "Just tell me where to sit," she gave up and I chuckled.

        I pointed to the chair in front of mine and winked. She rolled her eyes and dragged her feet towards it, slumping down into it when she reached it. "Smart choice, sweetheart," I smirked and she glanced around to throw me a glare. "What are you doing here?" I asked, curiously.

        "I took your advice and stood up to Stacey," she gritted out, keeping her head straight. Her back was stiff as a board and her shoulders squared, she looked ready to attack.

        "Well, happy to hear you finally wised up and listened to good ol' Ryder," I mused and she snapped around to give me menacing glare.

        "I ended up in detention, asshole! Detention! I've never even gotten so much as a warning from a teacher. I've never even been scolded by a teacher!" she spat through gritted teeth, her small hands coiled into tight fist.

        "Well, then, let me be the first to welcome you into the fold," I smiled cheekily and swept an arm around the room. "Why don't you share with us how you ended up in here?"