Don't pout, unless you want me to kiss you

[Copyright © 2013 A Deal with the Daredevil]

        All rights reserved.

        ***

        Casey's POV

        I had always been a fan of the beach. Who wasn't? Laying under the warm sun, burying your toes in the wet sand, swimming in the clear blue waters, what could be better? I had fond memories of the beach, which to me was a big deal, considering that most of my memories weren't good. But the few good memories that I did have, were of the beach.

        But of course, going to the beach in Pennsylvania during December was out of the question. Fortunately for us, we would not spend winter break in Pennsylvania, nope, we would be spending it in Laguna Beach, California. Our senior class president had decided to organize the trip, since most of the seniors were whining about having to spend it in the cold—yes, I do realize how weird that is. But...I was not complaining. I had always loved California and spending Christmas away from my empty home with my best friend would be a nice change. On top of that, this would be a great opportunity for me to show Drake that I could be spontaneous.

        "Nissa, what the hell?" I asked my best friend with wide eyes as I stared at the four piece of luggage sitting in our foyer. I knew Nissa liked to over pack, I'd been on a lot of trips with her, but this was over-doing it.

        She shrugged nonchalantly, "It's a school trip, which means Seth will be there." My mouth formed a silent oh, understandingly. 

        "Okay, girls, are you sure you have everything?" Nadia asked, walking in the room, a bounce in her step. Nadia was getting the week off and she was traveling down to New York to visit her family, something she was really excited about. When my family had moved to Pennsylvania from New York, Nadia had moved with us, not wanting to leave me alone. Nadia had always taken care of me, she'd always made sure that she was there for me, no matter what. I guess that's why she was like my mom.

        I nodded and turned to Nissa, when she nodded, I turned back to Nadia with an excited grin. "I think we're good to go." She nodded and shooed us out the door, following behind. The limo that would take us to the airport, where we would take a flight to Los Angeles was already parked in front of the house.

        "Promise me you're going to be careful," Nadia asked from behind me, turning around I grabbed her in a tight hug.

        "I promise. I'll see you soon. Have a great Christmas." I pulled back and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Say hi to the family." She smiled fondly with a nod, then turned to Nissa and gave her a quick hug and kiss.

        Once we were able to detach ourselves from Nadia, we rushed into the limo and drove off to airport, with Nissa and I gushing about the trip the entire way. As we reached the airport, I helped Nissa haul all of her bags to the entrance, where most of the senior class was already waiting. Most of them looked excited but there were a few who didn't seem fully awake. Usually I would include myself in that group, but I was too excited for this trip to worry about having to be up at the crack of dawn's ass. I was going to use this trip to try to spend some time with Drake—remind him of what we used to have.

        I looked around trying to spot him, my eyes scanning the crowd. I almost snorted when they landed on Ryder sprawled out on the floor, his back against a wall, eyes closed. I always thought he was an early bird, considering the hours he would come by my house for the past few weeks we'd been hanging out. I guess he wasn't. I continued my search for Drake, my brows furrowing when I didn't find him. Was he not coming?

        "He's over there with that skank," I heard Nissa mutter next to me, her tone hard. Following her gaze, I felt my stomach drop. Drake wasn't alone. Practically hanging from him was a redhead that I remembered seeing in some of my classes. She wasn't the same girl that had rushed to him during the game. This was another girl. Was he sleeping around? He couldn't be. Drake had always been a one woman kind of guy. But as I watched him now, I couldn't help but feel like I didn't really know Drake that well.