That's all I want you to be

Casey's POV

"You know, I've always wanted to scream, 'fuck you, fuckers,' at the top of my lungs on a mountain," I muttered, the bottle of beer making a sloshing noise as my hand moved around.

"Well, this isn't a mountain, but it could be if you're drunk enough," Ryder replied, his eyes filled with boredom. He reached down to get another beer, but instead ended up face-first onto the ground. Peering over the edge of the rock I was sprawled on, I laughed.

After stuffing our faces with ice cream, Ryder had dragged me to the convenience store on the side, bought a case of beer and dragged me back to the spot on the beach that I'd found him at earlier that night, deciding for both of us, that we would get drunk.

"Dude, you look like a crab," I laughed at my own joke, and took a swig of my beer and cringed. Yep still tasted like ass. I was down to my third beer and it was a safe bet to say I was getting close to being Captain Jack Sparrow on a two day bender. Yep, I was a light-weight. Ryder on the other hand had about seven beers already and was still a little coherent.

"How the fuck do I look like a crab?" he asked, still laying on the ground on his stomach, his head turned my way. I'd found out a few things about Ryder when he was drunk: drunk Ryder was lazy and grabby. He'd tried to slap my ass twice that night and had actually managed to cop a feel.

"Don't make me explain this shit to you, you look like a whale, punto," I drawled out, groaning as I spread my limbs over the rock, letting them roam like an octopus.

"I thought it was a crab," he mumbled from the ground, lifting his head to give me a confused look and to poke me in the ribs.

"Crabs? You want the crabs?" I shouted, fearing that he wouldn't hear me since he sounded so far away.

"I don't want the crabs, you fucker, I said...Will you finish that sentence for me? I'm lazy." He groaned like speaking was the hardest thing to do.

"You finish your own sentence, you lazy whale," I replied, feeling tired. My eyes began to drift close, and I breathed in a lungful of air, letting it back out with a happy sigh.

"You sound like a tired dog," he retorted. I could hear he was glaring by his tone and I rolled my eyes internally. How mature.

"Psst, dogs wished they sounded like me," I mumbled. "I'm gonna go scream at the top of my lungs now." Stumbling up, I walked over to the end of the deserted path, cupping my hands around my mouth, I let it all out. My high-pitched scream rang out, getting lost in the ocean. Ryder laughed behind me, pulled himself up, grasped my waist and pulled me down to lay next to him.

"You have the scream of a puny baby." I laughed along with him, resting an arm on my stomach.

"You want to know something?"

"I have a feeling you're going to tell me anyway," he replied, placing his empty bottle back into a free space in the beer case, he grabbed another and turned over to lay on his back, turning his head to look at me.

"I like hanging with you," I confessed, turning over on the ground to look at him.

"Why?" he asked, with genuine curiosity. I paused for a minute and thought about my answer. Staring at him, my eyes scanned every inch of his face. My breath hitching as I stared into his beautiful blue eyes, feeling myself getting lost in that gaze that held so many secrets, mysteries and unspoken adventures. He pulled his bottom lip into his mouth as he stared back at me, his eyes filling with an intensity I didn't fully understand. Moving towards me until his face was a breath away from mine, he brushed a strand of hair away from my face. "Why, sweetheart?" his whisper came out low and husky, making me hot all over. A mix of beer and strawberries, his breath fanned over my face, making my heart thud in my chest.