Little Ryder is bleeding

[Copyright © 2013 The Daredevil]

         All rights reserved.

        ***

        Ryder's POV

      Slinging my gym bag over my shoulder, I walked into the school's locker rooms to change into my hockey gear. Most of the team was already there, changing, so the room was buzzing with their conversations. I walked over to my locker and pulled it open. Pulling my t-shirt off, I tossed it into my gym bag.

        I was grabbing my jersey out of my gym bag when I noticed something strange, very strange. The locker room had suddenly gone completely quiet. The hockey team wasn't a team that was known for their quietness and decorum. It was never quiet around a bunch of us or even a few of us.

        I slowly turned around, afraid of what I would find. My brows furrowed in confusion at all my teammates just standing still, staring at me. The hell was wrong with them?

        "The fuck did you guys smoke?" I asked.

        Oliver, a close friend, looked around the room. "We're just shocked."

        "Uh, good for you?" I rolled my eyes and turned back to my gym bag. I grabbed my shoulder pads and pulled them on.

        "Is it true?" I heard Jonah, one of the hockey players, who I barely knew, ask. I turned back around to face him.

        "Is what true?" I asked, not really caring.

        "Dude, is it true you slept with Casey Stratford?" Oliver asked impatiently.

        I rolled my eyes. "I don't think that's any of your business."

        "Are you kidding me? Ryder, Casey is Drake's girlfriend. You know? Drake, your best defense?" Oliver stated, clearly not pleased.

        "Your point is?" I drawled, bored with the conversation. I hated people getting into my business. Why was it their concern who I slept with?

        "My point is, we had a good season last year, we can't risk not having another good one because you can't keep your dick in your pants," Oliver declared, through gritted teeth.

        I growled. "Fuck you, Oliver."

        "You're our team captain, you need to set an example," Oliver replied, trying to stay calm.

        "Are you kidding me? I have never put this team in jeopardy, and you know it," I answered, my patience running thin.

        "Ryder, she's one of your teammates' girlfriend, common sense tells you that sleeping with her would bring problems," he stated.

        "You need to back the fuck off," I warned him. "I'm a great leader, I would never put anyone before this team, you should know that by now."

        He raised his hands up defensively. "I'm just saying, Ryder, Drake isn't going to be happy. We can't have any tension between you two."

        "I don't give a fuck about Drake, if he has a problem with me, that's his fucking problem," I stated firmly, grabbing my stuff I walked out the locker room and towards the arena.

        I had enough of people getting in my business. 

***

        I growled as Drake once again went to ram into me. The fuck was his problem? Did he forget how to play hockey? We were on the same fucking team.