Part I: Chapter 1 - The New Leader

April 19, 2019

Finals are coming next month, not that anyone was stressing over it yet here in Glader University. But they will. On Friday, the class was getting prepared for their final class which was P.E. What the class has been doing in P.E. for their final quarter were social dances.

It doesn't sound like P.E. The class was certainly perplexed when they learned. They kept on asking their coach about it but it was said to be part of the curriculum, so they couldn't say anything. They learned about the dances in the gym where two kids (the Coach's niece and nephew) would teach them how to do the steps. While Coach Janson (not to be confused with his older brother Dr. Janson, the chemistry teacher) would tell them about the history of the dances.

For the P.E. finals, the class was required to dance a social dance.

"Not everyone is required to do this right? Not people on the track and basketball team right?" Minho asked, hoping not to be a part of this.

"What makes you think you're not part of this class?" Coach Janson said. "Minho weren't you part when the dance was being demonstrated and when you needed to do it with a partner?"

"I was."

When the class settled, he continued his announcement.

"Now the dance you guys have to do is foxtrot. With a class of twenty-eight, we need to assign the leader."

"Alby," the entire class said.

"No, it won't be Alby. Poor kid's already handling a lot being the President of the class. Besides, I've already picked the leader and she'll be (Y/N)."

(Y/N) was just quietly sitting on her seat, thinking of her spending the night in her room with some popcorn and a good movie. She didn't expect her name to be called. And she definitely didn't expect that it was because she was assigned a position as a leader.

"(Y/N), it'll be your choice on who your assistant leader will be. Preferably, he or she should be your partner."

(Y/N) was still in shock to answer.

Truth is that (Y/N) was just a new student that year. Being the greenie as they called her, she didn't try to make a spectacle of herself. She just tried to stay low and survive. She talked with people who wanted to talk to her. She helped those who needed it and then she became part of the class and made good friends.

She was known as shy, quiet, and polite (Y/N). The girl no one gave a second look. The sweet girl.

"That reminds me," Coach Janson clapped his hands. "You guys are an even amount, so no one should complain that no one has partners. The list of partners should be with me at the first week of May as well as the song you're going to use. I don't care if you want a girl or a boy as your partner, just settle between yourselves who'll be the boy or girl in the situation. Yes Ben?"

"Sir what if I want a girl as a partner but there are none?"

"Then choose a boy, it's that simple. Just tell me your schedule for practice and I'll see what room I could make available for you. Questions?"

"When will we dance?"

"May 10."

(Y/N) looked at her calendar. She had three weeks, more or less

"Any more questions?"

The class was silent. 

"Let's deal with the partners. Go on ask, who you want to ask."